Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Normally a headset can just be tucked in behind the liner with the microphone sticking out through gaps in the foam. You may need to create a hole for the mic to protrude through, and in some rare cases you may need to modify the liner to make a pocket that the speakers will fit into.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. I'll keep jacking with it. I originally had it set real far back.

I'm assuming that the mic should maybe fit in the gap in the padding for my mouth?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes. Normally you will want the speakers right next to your ears, possibly behind a little padding, and the microphone really jammed in front of your mouth. That places it out of the wind, and should you add a chin curtain it is on the right side of that.

I have a Fusar headset in an HJC CL-II Max modular helmet. It has a couple of pockets for the speakers and a hole in the liner for the boom mic to go through.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look for the hole. I tried it. I don't think it's happening. The far speaker had the wire dangling around a bunch. The mic side it pinned my ear down. It was too uncomfortable. The mic itself was no where near my mouth. Just way underneath the helmet. I thought I was on to something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts