Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad bought me a sick helmet. Unfortunately it's from the UK. Is there any way of making this legal to ride with in australia? Alternatively... is there anywhere i can just get one of those stickers? :cool:

·
Registered
766 Posts
a certified DOT helmet is mandatory in our state.
I prefer Snell certified, however.

I heard an ol man say once, "A $20 dollar helmet is for a $5 head."

that being said, I'd get the best I could afford, that is not something you want to risk, it could save your life!

unfortunately, many of the cool looking helmets aren't always certified.

·
Registered
367 Posts
What certification do they require in oz? I've got a couple dot/Snell approved helmets and an old dot only helmet. Last inspected in '74. Helmet laws are just another over step. You're the only one at risk, use your own discretion and accept there may be negative consequences depending on your choice.

·
Registered
766 Posts
My dad bought me a sick helmet. Unfortunately it's from the UK. Is there any way of making this legal to ride with in australia? Alternatively... is there anywhere i can just get one of those stickers? :cool:

I know our local graphics shop can make a reflective sticker saying "DOT" to put on a helmet. don't know what other countrys have as far as certification stickers though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts