Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Haven't used that one, no. Had too many helmets stolen (2) to trust any lock that attaches to the D-rings; the thieves just cut the strap. I mean, yeah, that type of lock is better than nothing, but apparently not much better. If they made a cable that went around the chin guard on a full face, that'd be something I'd consider. Until then, the best solution for locking a helmet is the trunk on the Honda NC700X -- that's genius. Wish all bikes had that. Carrying a full-face helmet around is a drag.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Haven't used that one, no. Had too many helmets stolen (2) to trust any lock that attaches to the D-rings; the thieves just cut the strap. I mean, yeah, that type of lock is better than nothing, but apparently not much better. If they made a cable that went around the chin guard on a full face, that'd be something I'd consider. Until then, the best solution for locking a helmet is the trunk on the Honda NC700X -- that's genius. Wish all bikes had that. Carrying a full-face helmet around is a drag.

Yep, best to just use cable and a lock. Can do more than one helmet on the same cable; can also lock the bike on the same cable.

·
Registered
187 Posts
on my V-Rod i use this: https://www.ascycles.com/2/Motorcycle-Helmet-Accessories/ProductID/591
it handles two helmets and also makes it a little harder to yoink the license plate. it works fine in USA, where thieves have little temptation for my rather ugly half helmet

here in Philippines i stow the helmet in the Givi e370 trunk, as most locals here will take anything not locked down

Reactions: Solo750owner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on my V-Rod i use this: https://www.ascycles.com/2/Motorcycle-Helmet-Accessories/ProductID/591
it handles two helmets and also makes it a little harder to yoink the license plate. it works fine in USA, where thieves have little temptation for my rather ugly half helmet

here in Philippines i stow the helmet in the Givi e370 trunk, as most locals here will take anything not locked down

that doesn't look like a bad solution.do you have a picture of it mounted on your bike ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
the Helmet Guard as it is installed on my V-Rod

sorry i don't have any closeup pictures hosted online at the moment. this pic was taken 2 years ago when i was living on Staten Island (that's the Bayonne Bridge in the background)

·
Registered
187 Posts
i presume the genuine H-D sissy bar would interfere with the opening/closing of the Givi case, so i didn't opt for it. Givi offers a backrest pad that mounts to the trunk directly. however, as discussed below, i wouldn't want anyone leaning against the trunk for long periods of time. i have seen in person passengers accidentally knocking cases off of their bikes (could be more of a factor of incorrect installation)

the Givi trunk attaches to the standard H-D luggage rack with an included plastic universal fit plate. it sounds flimsy, and the maximum rated load is only 10 pounds and/or 200kph. however i have loaded it with 17kg of animal feed and it has held on okay but i never went faster than 40kph while loaded like that

extra mounting plates can be bought separately, as i did for my honda 125 cc; i can easily swap the trunk between the honda and street750.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the Helmet Guard as it is installed on my V-Rod

sorry i don't have any closeup pictures hosted online at the moment. this pic was taken 2 years ago when i was living on Staten Island (that's the Bayonne Bridge in the background)

thanks for the picture, that doesn't look bad at all. appreciate it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts