• Modular

Votes: 46 24.9%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
The safest Helmet is the one you will wear. I have about 5 helmets now and just bought another. I wear a full face when it is cold and a 3/4 with shield and visor when it is warm.

Was hit by a car turning left in front of me once and my head got caught under his engine mount. Was wearing a 3/4 Aria helmet and when the doctor at the emergency room looked at it he said it saved my life. Had a few scratches on my chin but nothing serious. It only affects my tan a little.

Scared the crap out of me, got some road rash, broke my ankle and did not ride again for a year. Now I also wear boots, and long pants, and a jacket with armor when I ride.

I do not feel comfortable riding with out a helmet or my gear.

mgg

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just went to a dual sport helmet. Has a peak, a shaded inner shield and is full face. I have to wait another month or so before I will get to try it out, though. My Bell Mag9 3/4 got me hooked on the peak and inner shield.
My new helmet is an AFX FX41DS.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
The safest Helmet is the one you will wear. I have about 5 helmets now and just bought another. I wear a full face when it is cold and a 3/4 with shield and visor when it is warm.

I do not feel comfortable riding with out a helmet or my gear.

mgg
The first sentence is the most important one.

While I own over half-a-dozen helmets most are in sizes for possible passengers and they're all full-face helmets. Personally I have a full-face, 3/4 face, and 1/2 helmet but overwhelmingly wear my 3/4 helmet. When it's hot out I can lift open the face shield a little or a lot to let air in while riding or stopped to let a little cool in and when cold out I can lift the face shield slightly to keep it from fogging it up if necessary. It's the perfect all-around helmet for me personally. I don't actually use my full-face and the 1/2 helmet is only used for quickie rides to the Harley dealer during the summer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Modular helmet best of all worlds full face but you need a drink or spit or to talk at a stop light your set. I got the Harley one in black put a reflective sticker on the back the bar and shield and honestly it works great for me. Heck it even has the slide down sun glasses form inside the helmet would suggest it to anyone to be honest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been considering one of these Bell Bullets. Full face, old school vibe. Seems to be the best of both worlds...

I have this in Matte Black - I wear it with the clear shield, black tinted shield and sometimes not shield at all just sunglasses!

This is a great helmet, would highly recommend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I prefer modular. Just picked up a new Bell Revolver Evo Ghost with the Transistions SOLFX Photochromic shield.

Chris

Reactions: Rock270

·
Registered
168 Posts
Only problem with that is this, and I'll try not to get too political here.:rolleyes: The more we allow the government to control for instance (AHEM.. Obamacare) the more freedom we lose. "He who pays the bills get's to make the rules". Helmet laws/seatbelt laws have very little to do with your safety, but much more to do with the medical costs which is heading at lightspeed to the government er... taxpayer paying for your split skull and/or road rash. It's all about the money.

Anyone remember Joan Claybrook and her idea of a "safe" motorcycle?
With this outlook, McDonalds, soda, cake, ice cream, beer, cigarettes, Oreos, sledding, candy bars SHOULD ALL BE ILLEGAL along with hundreds of thousands more. The government does NOT have the right to protect us from ourselves. If it doesn't affect someone else they have no business sticking their dirty noses in it. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm full face also. I like the look of the half helmet but I don't want to be wearing one at 70mph and go down face first! So I found a cool looking (IMO) full face model. It's got Bluetooth integrated so I can hear GPS directions or music if I like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all.

Since no one seems to talk about'em, full face ****** Helmet here. goes amazing with a bubble visor!
I'm not a "all the gear all the time" person (though we all should..) but no gloves/open helmet would make me feel like riding naked... :S

·
Registered
56 Posts
Probably full face or modular

I haven't bought the bike yet but I plan on buying my gear before I take the BRC. Once I do, I'll vote but i'm leaning towards full face or modular.

·
Registered
766 Posts
the helmet i use is an open face with the flip up shield and also has a flip up tinted visor built in.

it also has small vents on the top that can be opened or closed.

in the summer I simply cant take the full face helmets.

in the winter I wear a full face helmet, but don't like the restriction of it.
i'm not claustrophobic , but don't care for the reduced visibility and lack of fresh air.

most of my riding is not on freeways or 70 mph for long periods of time.

I live by the motto, when it's your day to go, it's your day to go.

doesn't matter what you are doing, when the big guy upstairs says it's your day there isn't anything we can do to change that.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi all.

Since no one seems to talk about'em, full face ****** Helmet here. goes amazing with a bubble visor!
I'm not a "all the gear all the time" person (though we all should..) but no gloves/open helmet would make me feel like riding naked... :S

now that might be a bit.......exposed? ...(just joking)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know it's said that "real harley riders" don't wear full face helmets, it's more of a sport bike rider thing. I'm not going to expect to see a lot of full face helmet votes here.
I watched my old man build bikes and the bug was pasted on to me 30 years later. Maybe I'm not a real Harley rider though because I won't ride without my FF.

It's been neat to see over the years more and more HD riders realizing the full advantage of them and watching as more start wearing them.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I decided to go with the modular helmet. I'm digging the versatility. Not sure why the pics uploaded sideways since they were correct on my computer but you get the idea.
my wife has one of these types of helmets also.
she doesn't ride anymore.

it is a silver-ish gray in color, size is small, and also has the built in flip down tinted visor too. cost her new $229.....she will sell it for $100 plus shipping if anyone is interested, such as a petite lady or smaller child.

it is in very good condition, like new except she did put two stickers on it. one is a turtle (her tribal symbol), the other is a feather.

(she has other items for sale, all are barely used.)
I.M. me if anyone needs pictures or any info

thank you GatorNade, I hope I didn't bother you with the selling offer, we are talking about helmets, and I thought maybe I can help some one out. the picture below looks exactly like her helmet. the HJC website sells it for $199 today.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am on my 3rd helmet. first was a Hawk full face. Since I wear glasses, I went with a modular so I dont have to be blind while putting my helmet on. It's a Hawk H6600 and now I have the Hawk H6607 which is like the 6600, but has bluetooth.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts