• None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a full face guy.
I ride alot of freeways, I've been hit with rocks, tar lumps.. Even those shiny ass black Chinese beetle things. I've had bruises under the leathers... And the thought of taking that to the face, no thank you ma'am.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a full face, an open face and a flip-up helmet. I prefer the feel of the regular 3/4 open face - that's what I grew up wearing. Next I really like my modular ROOF, which I imported several years ago and spent a bunch of $$ on, but which is now in a state of partial disrepair - but it's super comfortable. I probably need to get rid of it, but I just can't bring myself to.
But, really for any kind of serious traveling, whether road trip or my long work commute, I take my full face. I just got a new one. I'm hoping it's water proof. (doesn't leak)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would like to vote, What would 3/4 Face with flip shield count as? HJC CL33. I wear prescription eye glasses and found this one works best for me. Most of the year. Winter I will use a Modular. HJC CL Max II.

·
Registered
766 Posts
for my local casual riding, I'd like to get a novelty german style low profile helmet...I think they look pretty cool, even though they are not DOT certified.

·
Registered
187 Posts
full face when on the highways for long hauls. 3/4s or less around town, especially if i don't want helmet hair

back when i was still Active Army, it was all gear all the time when riding on base, and DOT-approved skid lids look dorky so i went with a modular

·
Registered
4 Posts
masei has the unique design and graphics in the market.. this masei 911 helmet looking like robotech and macross helmet built based on open face helmets

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Bell Bullitt, I love it, take the visor off and it feels like an open face but with the protection of the chin bar, massive field of vision too as the opening is a lot bigger than most full face helmets

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ride with a full face Icon Airmada Rubatone. Even in the hot Miami heat I rather wear that than open face, bugs and rocks hurt, and it's got great ventilation, besides I feel cooler with a dark visor and chicks love it ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've seen Mongols and HA's wearing full face.....so that saying is horseshit.....I have a half but getting a modular so I can use my bluetooth to communicate with my wife while she's riding her bike.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Many years ago I hit a patch of ice on the highway on an Easter morning and crashed. The part of my helmet that got gouged by the road was from the forehead, through the visor, and down to the chin. If I had not been wearing a full face helmet my face definitely would have hit the road. I kind of like my face the way it is, so I always wear a full face helmet now. A friend of mine gave me a Nolan N100 modular helmet after that accident, and I did wear it for a while, but the SHOEI gives me much better padding in the jaw area. The Nolan just has plastic down there, and I think that if the Nolan hit the road hard, the jaw area would break or break off, and would not absorb the impact as well even if it didn't break.

I just bought a new SHOEI RF-1200 (matte black) full face helmet for my XG750. It is DOT and SNELL approved. My insurance company gives $500 additional medical coverage for wearing a DOT approved helmet. The RF-1200 also has the EQRS (Emergency Quick Release System) that allows you to pull the cheek pads out without taking the helmet off so you can get the helmet off more easily if you are injured. I also like the fact that this helmet comes with a breath guard and a defogger vent system that allows outside air to travel from the bottom to the top of the visor inside the helmet. It also comes with a Pinlock shield that I don't plan to use because it says not to use it at night, and it's kind of a pain to install, and what are you supposed to do with it if you have to take it off if it gets dark while you are out riding?

One thing about matte finish helmets is that they can get fingerprints on them easily, especially if your hands are sweaty or greasy. Also, matte black is not the most visible color out there, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
187 Posts
when i was a military brat i was required to wear full face when operating my moped on base. generally i wear full face helmets, especially if i intend to ride on a freeway. when i was stationed in Arizona, i had DOT-stickered half helmet for its easy donning when running errands and a full face for hitting the interstate.

here in Philippines modulars are cheap and helmets less than 3/4 open face are hard to find though i do often see much more novelty skid lids in use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a modular helmet. I can lift the face to take the helmet on and off which is a little easier. I don't know if I could where anything that doesn't protect my head. It really does look nice with my 500.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I ride with a full face Icon Airmada Rubatone. Even in the hot Miami heat I rather wear that than open face, bugs and rocks hurt, and it's got great ventilation
Got the exact same helmet, wear it in the south Texas heat and it's fine. Full face is the only way to go, as far as I'm concerned. And the Rubatone makes a great match with the XG750's Black Denim finish.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thought about it but it doesn't solve the problems of eating bugs. Before I wore glasses I'd ride with an open face 3/4 helmet without a face shield and just sun glasses and more than once I "swollowed a bug" and that is just nasty. I've done so many rides through farmlands where my faceshield was just covered with splattered bugs that I'd hate to be without it. I remember hitting a large beetle (or something large and hard) where it smacked me right in the middle of my forehead and almost felt like it would knock me off the motorcycle. LOL
Been there, done all that. Started riding 35 years ago. One of my least favorite memories is standing on the roadside trying to use the bike's rear-view mirror to help me pull a bug out of my eye. Just a little one, but it splatted on my eye.

Yet another reason I'm full face, all the time, always and forever.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts