Votes: 45 24.7%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
The half helmets and many 3/4 let to much air in make of bad buffeting. Some years back wife and I both switched to Modular.
If you buy the right ones there is no loss in side vision. They often have the slide down sun screen you can flip the front section up when needed.
With our if you close face shield then open the front section you can ride with it up. Once you get use to them it makes for a better ride .
What I did not like about plain full coverage is they often blocked some side view and they got hot in traffic. Modular gives you best of both worlds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Open face with screen in front and integrated sun glasses.
Ever seen what happens when your head slams forward with a full face helmet?
The chin part will block your head on your upper chest and lift your neck on the back until it snaps, it happened here in my area. Lots of people skipped the full face after that accident since it turned out it was not the first incident with full face helmets. Yes open face helmet injures your face but you will be alive, a snapped neck means game over.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Open face with screen in front and integrated sun glasses.
Ever seen what happens when your head slams forward with a full face helmet?
The chin part will block your head on your upper chest and lift your neck on the back until it snaps, it happened here in my area. Lots of people skipped the full face after that accident since it turned out it was not the first incident with full face helmets. Yes open face helmet injures your face but you will be alive, a snapped neck means game over.
Explain to me then how so many racers that go down at very high speeds walk away? Buildings fall on people but not that often. You can always find the one exceptions to every thing. Remember the guy that drown because he could not get his seat belt off. They sight that case often but still have not found him.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Because they use neck-head restraints, ever driven with one on a public highway?
Exactly, that's why those guys walk away and you won't if your chin part slams on your chest..
You chances are much better with a Modular or full face than 1/2 or 3/4. You ride a motorcycle that right says you take risk. I prefer the modular. better field of view and if you need to flip it up you can.
helmet saved my neck and life when I took my 2011 deer hunting. totaled the bike , broke frame in two place. I broke some body parts but order a new bike the next day. And new helmet

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really like my Bell Mag 9 Sena. Gives me the wind protection of s füll face when I want it. And still have the drop down sunglasses. Or I can ride open face with goggles. I still have my old FF around for cold days or when I know I'm going to be on the freeway or eating rocks. I have a flat head so getting a FF to fit right is not cheap. Can't seem to pay 800+ for a Showing that fits great when my $159 Bell does the same job. But when I do wreck I'll be wishing I had that $800 one in I bet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have 2 types, modular , open face and Nolan n44 (modular I guess) .
Short ride with a t shirt and jeans, I wear open face.
Long ride with full gear on highway, i wear modular
Full gear on city to city travel, I wear Nolan n44 for better view.
Harley half helmet, not going to risk my life to so call look cool, even I join local Harley member with other model, they too ride full face or modular.
I guess how one dress up..;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Modular or Full for me, was a medic for too long and also have laid a bike down. Glad i was in full gear. i don't care what people think. i do not want to end up DRT which is bad enough on a bike since people don't watch for us anyway. so Jackets with armor, gloves. I even have pair of jeans with armor. i am somewhat a chicken at times.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Guys, its time to get a new helmet, have narrow down to Shoei J-Cruise or Schuberth M1. anyone ride on these helmet before and more important, how is the feel especially cruising at 130km/h or 80mph, will the wind make it wobbly? have tested both BUT only in the shop, hence no trying on actual wind condition. Have try youtube/google, can't find any review/comment at that speed.

based on the feedback, if its negative, than would need to bite the bullet and go for Shoei Neotec II.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
21 Posts
This is an older thread but good info. I wear a 3/4 in summer, Modulator in spring & fall and full face in winter. HJC and Speed and Strength helmets fit me best.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts