Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi HD family,

I'm in need of some advice, finally collected my new Street 750 on Saturday and I love it well apart from the totally useless mirrors but I'll deal I have a Kuryakyn catalogue lol!

However something definitely came to my notice whilst sitting in traffic on the way home boy did it ever. I'm 5ft 1" give or take so I'm still sitting with just the balls of my feet on the floor but it became increasingly uncomfortable with the heat of the engine casing on my inner thigh, really uncomfortable like really painful, is this normal? I'm assuming because of my leg length my thighs are closer to the engine hence the problem but any remedies? well apart from leg extensions and Harley and Kuryakyn don't do those unfortunately.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts though, feel free to take the pee I've got a thick skin!

Dizzx

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you tried sitting further away from the tank? If you're 5'1'' then it might be harder to reach the ground if you scoot back. I noticed the heat (the crotch of my pants were nearly touching the spot where the tank meets the seat) when I first got the bike so now I just make sure I sit further back. If you try it and don't like it consider getting a lower seat. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
my previous bike was a V-Rod, and it makes the same heat on the thighs while in stop-n-go traffic. as with the Street, the radiator fan is a big contributor to focusing hot air into the crotch and thighs.

one of the members here sells a fits-all-bikes heat shield that remedies the problem

·
Registered
33 Posts
my previous bike was a V-Rod, and it makes the same heat on the thighs while in stop-n-go traffic. as with the Street, the radiator fan is a big contributor to focusing hot air into the crotch and thighs.

one of the members here sells a fits-all-bikes heat shield that remedies the problem
Any idea who that member is? What thread it might be in?

Also for mirrors, don't go with the billet cut, i have those, still not too much of a change.
I'm going for the Long stem harley ones now, same as stock, but long stem on them. I hope it works well.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Captain Itch sells custom leather heat shields/crotch coolers that are bike model specific. They do not have the Street listed on their website, yet. But they do have the pattern and have made them already for the Street. You just have to email them directly.

Crotch coolers / heat shields

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I am about your height. I just put one foot down kind of far away so the bike tips, giving some room. Other leg stays on peg. Son though, in familiar places, I'm going to try something I've recently seen the sport bike guys do- just put the side stand down in neutral and keep feet on pegs. This is for advanced riders only and even then it might be dumb. Sure does work though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts