Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Purchased my first HD about a month ago, a flat black Street 750.
Must say I LOVE it so far. A few things I would change, but a lot fewer than any other bike in the 600cc-800cc range I looked at.

I am having one problem though, and I think I found a topic about it from 2014, when I hit about 98-100 miles on the tank it starts cutting out and lurching forward. Guess I'll have to go in to the dealer and see what happens.

Bought the bike with 0.8 miles on it and currently has 470, been doing it every tank so far. Just have to fill up at around 90 miles I guess if I don't want to experience it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome

yes there are threads about the lag and leap issue.

this happened to mine once being the dealer delivered it with only 1/2 gallon of fuel. I refuel between 80-100 miles. it hasn't happened since.

however, it appears that many of these models are having the pickup tube inside the tank that connects to the fuel pump coming loose and not picking up fuel when it starts getting low.

there is a recall but they are replacing with the same defective designed fuel pumps/pickup tubes.

hope this helps get ya started.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Xmsteel,

Yes, insofar as the Lag&Leep is a problem it can't go on forever. My good friend, Rock270 and I have contacted Milwaukee and we will not relent until this problem has been resolved. This bike is incredible, otherwise, with one of the BEST V-Twin engines ever made, premium tires and a suspension that makes the "Sportys" feel like a torture board! Hang in there buddy we'll get er' done!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just hoping there is a solid fix before the warranty expires!

I guess I'm lucky though, I don't notice half the problems others talk about and my last fill up I got 49.8 MPG, 8.8 better than H-D rates it at!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts