Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am a new 2015 XG750 owner. Well, the bike isn't new-new, just new to me. I bought it from a coworker with about 500 miles on it!

Some notable features of this bike:
  • the "screamin' eagle" intake and exhaust (dealer install)
  • forward controls (self install from previous owner - but the dealer thought they were cool)
  • bags, windscreen, and mirror extenders
I plan on using this bike for commuting to work mainly, favoring its fuel injection over my last bikes carb setup. I know it seems to get a bad wrap but I really wasn't looking for your typical 'Harley' and thought this was smaller and fun yet still capable.

Pardon the dirty bike in the picture, I promise I cleaned it up right afterwards!

·
Registered
509 Posts
It is a great work commuter, especially in the cities. On the earlier models like yours and mine, the brakes are not the best feature, so always have that in the back of your mind when out on the bike and you will be okay.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
120 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Nice looking bike. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
401 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I've got a little red 2016 xg750 that is a very similar set up and use case to what you have. I don't have the forwards, yet, but will soon. Usually I rack up a few thousand miles commuting to the office each year. It's great for that kind of use.

·
Registered
187 Posts
From Tallahassee, Florida, welcome to the group. You will notice that this bike has excellent capabilities as a commute - I got the exact model year and color. Small, agile and plenty of pick up power to escape to the front of traffic. Ride safe and wear your helmet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts