Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/girls name's Al just about to buy my street 500 over the next month or two but its been bought to my attention that the 2016 street has a few issues solved (brakes being the main one) but can't find nothing about it online any one know when the 2016 comes out? And have they fixed the issues or should i just bite the bullet and go buy the 2015 street 500 i have been looking at??? Thanks guys

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't know where you're from, but, the 2016's have been out, and available, for awhile now.

Go for the '16, and BTW, welcome to the Forum, from Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome to the forum Al. I would also pump for the 2016 model as it has other things fixed as well as the brake issue some people have had. The 2016 750 model is out in South Africa already. We don't have the 500 model here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks guys my local dealer said that the 2016 wasn't available here yet and he didn't know when they would be coming out. .but after a quick search on a few buy and sell pages I've found a 2016 street 500 for sale so I'm guessing they are already out might have to find a different HD dealer close by (one that knows what's actually going on pretty shocking that a place that calls them selfs a HD dealer doesn't even know about the new models either that or just trying to get rid of old stock coz he had said the 2016 would have no new parts and would be identical) I'm from Australia so we don't get the 750 here unfortunately but I've heard the only difference is the bore size (same motors) so hoping to get it bored out or buy the 750 top end of the net hopefully it'll be a simple change over.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The 16 Model has Upgraded Brakes, Coolant Overheat Lamp, And a few other things I cant remember offhand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer here in Nashville has several 2016's... Two red, one black and the Superior blue which I bought.Yes brakes are better. My bike has the extended mirror brackets on it so you don't just see your shoulder. I don't know if all of them do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a picture of the blue? tryed to make some calls today to try and find one close but being Sunday here most were shut give a ring around tomorrow what's your opinion on the street are you happy with it so far? How long have you had it? I'm guessing it's the 750?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Reactions: HDeddie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey 10-64 I'm from Australia we don't get the 750 over here it kinda sucks I'm thinking a 500 won't have the power i desire being that it's a lams bike over here (learners bike) so would be pretty limited when it comes to power. But I've heard the 750 and 500 are the same motors so the plan is to just order some 750 heads online abd replace the 500 heads with the 750s therefore increasing the bore size and in turn the cc's. .anyone know if theres any reason this won't work i joined this page hoping to find someone that had already done it but can't find nothing so now I'm worried my plan has a fault I'm over seeing

·
Registered
504 Posts
Any savings buying a 500 will be long gone in the conversion costs to a 750, then you'll have to consider if that just voided the warranty too.

(HDeddie, yes, you're from Australia, a country that does not have the 750. Even importing one, and paying the duty would give you a better bike. Fins are polished on the 750 engine, not on the 500, wheels have a polished edge on the 750, not on the 500, AND, you wouldn't void the warranty, and have something unique to the country, still serviceable by any HD dealership.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey thanks guys my local dealer said that the 2016 wasn't available here yet and he didn't know when they would be coming out. .but after a quick search on a few buy and sell pages I've found a 2016 street 500 for sale so I'm guessing they are already out might have to find a different HD dealer close by (one that knows what's actually going on pretty shocking that a place that calls them selfs a HD dealer doesn't even know about the new models either that or just trying to get rid of old stock coz he had said the 2016 would have no new parts and would be identical) I'm from Australia so we don't get the 750 here unfortunately but I've heard the only difference is the bore size (same motors) so hoping to get it bored out or buy the 750 top end of the net hopefully it'll be a simple change over.

welcome mate im from aus too,
go to a harley heaven dealership and the 2016 models are out, only the 500s though :( wishing the 750s came out over here.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Guess I have to re watch the video but I believe to go to a 750 your going to have to go crank and up because the stroke is different too , I will double check that this week. Intake exhaust and a fp3 tuner will improve things for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey thanks man any help would be great because getting a 750 shiped in won't work out for me its not something I'm going to do right away i just want to make sure it can be done before spending money on a 500 coz if its not getting any bigger than 550 it's probably not worth it in the long run as I'll out grow the bike too quick. .I've also spoke to a local bike builder who is going to get back to me after some research I'll post what he comes up with incase anyone else is interested

1 - 13 of 13 Posts