Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Chris from Chappell Customs in California. As many of you know we were one of the first to modify and manufacture custom parts for the XG line. We've done over 20 of these for dealers all over the USA and are always working on new parts. Just last week we designed a new front sprocket cover that may be available within the next week or so.
We also make full custom seats, rearsets, mufflers, Cafe conversion kits, Scrambler kits, Fender eliminators and tons of other cool stuff.
We are doing our best to answer any questions and make new parts all the time. So feel free to hit us up for special requests or comments/questions.

Thanks
-chris
store is here tuffside.com
checkout our XG videos on our youtube channel here
ChappellCustomsYouTube

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Cris , you speak Spanish ? Do you sell to Spain ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad you made it to the forum! I've been a big fan of everything you have done to the XG's for a while now. Actually just ordered the DIY seat cover and slip on from you guys a few days ago. Can't wait to get them installed once they arrive!

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi chris , i really liked the scrambler kit but im way too tall , ive had to fit a H D tallboy seat , that kit would be great but the seat is way too thin , it neads height , kind of like an old honda xr dualsport or something would be excellent , keep up the good work , cheers kenny

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good to see more companies making mods for the Street.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just last week we designed a new front sprocket cover that may be available within the next week or so.
Any sneak peek photos and idea of a price? I'm currently looking at something from overseas but would rather buy from a US manufacturer.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
You guys working on anything for adjustable levers, or front brake master cylinder/lever upgrades? Didn't see anything on your site. I'm thinking about upgrading to a sport bike style setup with adjustable levers. Any experience with that on your builds of theses things?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you made it to the forum! I've been a big fan of everything you have done to the XG's for a while now. Actually just ordered the DIY seat cover and slip on from you guys a few days ago. Can't wait to get them installed once they arrive!
Cool! yours is either the one we are working on now or the one we shipped a couple days ago. Either way hope you love it!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi chris , i really liked the scrambler kit but im way too tall , ive had to fit a H D tallboy seat , that kit would be great but the seat is way too thin , it neads height , kind of like an old honda xr dualsport or something would be excellent , keep up the good work , cheers kenny
Scrambler kit and V2 cafe seat raise the seat height way more than stock. Our frame leveler is used on these kits so the frame doesn't have that dip in it anymore. Our HD dealership owner is 6' 5" i think and he has no problem with the scrambler kit!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys working on anything for adjustable levers, or front brake master cylinder/lever upgrades? Didn't see anything on your site. I'm thinking about upgrading to a sport bike style setup with adjustable levers. Any experience with that on your builds of theses things?
We don't make masters or levers, but these are 7/8" bars and metric hardware, so just about any Japanese stuff will work. We are doing a complete inverted front end swap on a 500 right now so we will post what we come up with later. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi chris , thats interesting , so whats the finished seat height from ground , i,ll compare it to my tall boy , thanks for your reply .

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi chris , thats interesting , so whats the finished seat height from ground , i,ll compare it to my tall boy , thanks for your reply .
I Don't have one here right now to measure (not with a flat seat anyway), but we also change our wheels and shocks so seat height will be different with stock wheels.

Look at the seat and where it sits in relation to the gas tank and frame for reference. We can also foam the seat a bit more if needed.
I'm 6' tall and just reach the ground on this bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We don't make masters or levers, but these are 7/8" bars and metric hardware, so just about any Japanese stuff will work. We are doing a complete inverted front end swap on a 500 right now so we will post what we come up with later. Thanks!
Cool! I'm trying to shorten the throw a bit. It's my other half's bike she's learning on. I kinda dig it though, I think we'll keep it =) I'm going to do some diggin' and look for some used stuff to experiment with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts