Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, names John. Been riding most of my life (I'm 58). Had a 98 Road King Classic for years and since 2008 I've been on a 2005 Ultra Classic.
My oldest Daughter and her husband ride, she had a Sportster then a Switchback but she's currently bike-less as she raises her daughter. Her Husband has a Softail Slim.
Anyhow, the main reason I'm here now is my son just got his motorcycle endorsement and really wants to get a maroon Street 750. Been looking all over our area (Harford Co. Maryland) but not having much luck.
Figured I'd sign up here and learn as much as I can about this model. Already on several other Harley forums and know a lot can be learned from the members.
Have an Awesome day.
John

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
325 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. I'm on an Ultra Classic myself. Hopefully as the weather warms up more ads will pop up with exactly what you are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
553 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You may have to look further from home to find one than may be the case for some other models. In the United States these bikes have not been great sellers by H-D standards. Any dealer will have several Sportsters to choose from, but may or may not have any Streets.

They are good bikes but not your typical Harley. That has led to some misunderstanding and some undeserved hatred directed at them on other forums. Their strengths and weaknesses are more in line with your daughter's Sportster than your Ultra Classic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well.....we just couldn't find what he was looking for. Ended up finding a 2008 XL1200R (Sportster Roadster) for a good price so after looking at it, he liked the fit better and we brought it home.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Tallahassee, FL. Currently own a 750XG in Maroon. I like the color and it is an appealing bike to me. Not too big, not too small, and has plenty of power. I am pushing 61 and have been riding since I was 16.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
553 Posts
Fitting taller riders is kind of a problem on the Street family of bikes. Most riders over 5'10" wind up looking at the tall boy seat, peg extensions, or forward controls to be comfortable.

The Sportster Roadster is a great bike. Like the Street Rod it's a Harley that zigs, which is unusual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts