Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, greetings from Los Alamos California. I just bought a 2017 HD Street 750 last week and so far I'm loving it. Can anyone give me some advice on after market exhaust/ cold air intake that are legal in California?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure that somebody will chime in with what they have done.

One thing that you need to keep in mind is that H-D had a bit of a tiff with the EPA a while back. I believe it is on bikes from 2017 on that using anything other than a Screamin Eagle tuner will void your warranty. If you change the intake, you will need a tuner or the bike will run lean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the screaming eagle looks like the only one that went void the warranty. How does the exhaust compare to the V&H? I'm not looking for something obnoxiously loud, just something that sounds less like a angry sewing machine and will improve performance a little bit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can't go wrong with the V&H Competition pipe and a K&N high flow air filter. You will need the tuner to make the appropriate adjustments. I like my setup. Also, the K&N air filter adds at least 7 horses.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can do the pipes without a tuner if getting a better sound is your thing. You won't get a performance improvement until you change the intake, though, and that's what requires the tuner. That being the case, you should be able to add the pipes of your choice and then feel free to do the intake and tuner in a couple of years when your warranty expires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts