Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had a handful of bikes over the years. Had to sell my 1200 Sportster last year. Might buy a new bike soon. I'd like a lighter ( weight) bike. Not sure what I will end up buying, but a 750 Street is on my short list, for sure.
Thx for having me on the forum.
Em in FLA

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome EM! If you decide to go with the street750 (which I highly recommend for a fast, fun bike) you will need to replace the stock mirrors with long stem or extensions. Maybe have the dealer add that in along with a SE slip on or at least at a discount! Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@DDK,

"you will need to replace the stock mirrors with long stem or extensions. Maybe have the dealer add that in along with a SE slip on"

That's sage advice, indeed!

·
Registered
309 Posts
@Emzdogz,

"I'd like a lighter ( weight) bike."

If you want a very light, nimble and powerful machine the 750 STREET* is a great choice. Bear in mind, however, while it is well engineered with an outstanding engine, it is relatively new with a few bugs. Nevertheless if I had it to do over I would still go for the STREET.

*I haven't tried the 500 version but I'll assume that as far as 500s go, it's fine.

ENJOY THE RIDE, MY FRIEND!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, folks, for the welcomes. As of tomorrow I expect and hope to be the new owner of a used 2015 750 Street!!!

(hey..I can afford the payments this way..lol)

I look forward to a continued relationship with the forum as time passes, and hopefully NO problems arise. We shall see. It fits me like a glove. Can't wait to go for a nice long country ride.
:)

Em

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome, you found a fine group of folks here...

ask the dealer or who ever you buy this from, has that bike been in the shop for fuel pump replacement. you may have already seen other threads here that discusses that.....keep your fuel tank topped off ( 80-100 miles) and don't run it too low on fuel, it has the lag and leap problem, especially when taking off and low on fuel....just FYI.

like others have mentioned already, these bikes need the long stem mirrors, other wise you'll just see your shoulders when riding these bikes.

other than those two main issues, this is a fun zippy bike.
the 750 does have more HP and torque. but the 500 isn't a slouch.

again, welcome and glad you are here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts