Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally I find 70 mph cruising is nice on my Street 750. But then that's me.

Reactions: JONBERG

·
Registered
47 Posts
This bike has plenty of power that it could use taller gearing for highway, say a smaller rear pulley/sprocket. I just wish there were such a conversion out there. I do 80 on mine quite often and would like lower revs. The bike runs at that rpm just fine, but as far as wear and tear down the road, I feel different gearing would be really helpful. Think of first gear on this bike, it is so low, it winds out almost right away if you really get on it. Anyway, I would welcome a gearing conversion option (like you can do on other Harley's). (and of course on all chain drive bikes)?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well I got a holdet and rsm my fp3 on my phone , the rev limiter kicked in at 8500 rpm. Rpm at 60 is about 4000, 70 is 4500 to 4700 depending on weather ,5300 at 80mph. Sorry I was late with it, top hp in 2nd or third was 50.4 hp -ran out of road before I peaked.lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
This bike has plenty of power that it could use taller gearing for highway, say a smaller rear pulley/sprocket. I just wish there were such a conversion out there. I do 80 on mine quite often and would like lower revs. The bike runs at that rpm just fine, but as far as wear and tear down the road, I feel different gearing would be really helpful. Think of first gear on this bike, it is so low, it winds out almost right away if you really get on it. Anyway, I would welcome a gearing conversion option (like you can do on other Harley's). (and of course on all chain drive bikes)?
I feel the same way I'm trying to find different size drive pulleys but no luck yet

·
Registered
7 Posts
I posted a similar thread before, I have an xg750 and with my V&H muffler and K&N filter my bike sounds thumpy around town but on the motorway/highway I cruise at 60mph as 70mph is over 4K revs and sounds like the engine is screaming and ready for entry to Valhalla 😂

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
910 Posts
Although the engine seems to be revving up quite high compared to other Harleys, the bike is built or it.

I'm pretty sure that the gearing is the way it is for a couple of reasons. The bike was aimed towards a couple of specific markets. Those being beginner riders, urban riders, and the far east market.

For the beginners H-D wanted a bike geared low so that it would be difficult to stall. A friend of mine is an experienced rider and he recently test road a full sized sport tourer. He had a lot of trouble not stalling it.

For the urban rider they probably weren't that worried about highway speeds. They were looking at good low end performance from stoplight to stoplight.

As for the Asian market, they were looking at urban riding or possibly some less developed roads than we are used to in the United States. It's also more likely to be heavily loaded by riding with a pillion or luggage over there. Remember, outside the United States these are considered the most approachable BIG bike.

Reactions: Lesblank
21 - 27 of 27 Posts