Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am going to a local MC shop tonight to pick up some highway foot peg mounts. I was wondering if anyone has put them on their bike yet and had pictures so I could get an idea. I was thinking about getting 6 inch blocks and clamps. I am going to use the origingal foot pegs on them. I also know that I will have to modify the plastic radiator shroud.

Other HIGHWAY PEG BLOCKS FOR SPORTSTER® MODELS from DOC'S MOTORCYCLE PARTS Peg Mounts&pos=33

RIVCO Products, Inc. HIGHWAY PEG MOUNTING CLAMPS from DOC'S MOTORCYCLE PARTS Peg Mounts&pos=10

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Looks like the extensions with the mounting brackets should work just fine. Hope that the 6" extensions are enough and you should have no problem cutting the shroud a little to clear the brackets. Be sure to get the pegs mounted where you want them before cutting the shroud for clearance. I assume you're going to use the passenger pegs.

I would suggest removing the shroud and actually riding the motorcycle for awhile without it while checking how comfortable the pegs are before modifying the shroud. Riding without the shroud and grill isn't a problem as long as you avoid roads with rocks that can be flung up from the front tire and damage the radiator.

The only other footpegs I've seen on this forum are from a member where he also fabricated an engine guard and mounted the pegs to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up using an offset peg setup, I didn't have to modify the shroud actually. I think i am going to get a 2-3 inch extension or a longer peg but it feels fine for now. I will have pics up tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I ended up using an offset peg setup, I didn't have to modify the shroud actually. I think i am going to get a 2-3 inch extension or a longer peg but it feels fine for now. I will have pics up tomorrow.

Like to see the pics also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the delay, I can barely find time to get on here. Pics aren't the best, but its all there. The air box is deffinatly impeading the use of my right peg, but I am hoping that the vance and hines air cleaner will solve some of that issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Where did you get those?

I have a 500 & I want to get a set for short Texas road trips. Do you know of any that I could just snap on? It's my first bike. I'm not ready to start tearing it up just yet or ever actually.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Where did you get those?

I have a 500 & I want to get a set for short Texas road trips. Do you know of any that I could just snap on? It's my first bike. I'm not ready to start tearing it up just yet or ever actually.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I can barely find time to get on here. Pics aren't the best, but its all there. The air box is deffinatly impeading the use of my right peg, but I am hoping that the vance and hines air cleaner will solve some of that issue.
Best pics,, I like it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts