Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lacking a bit of motivation right now and I'm curious what hobbies everyone has? I work on cars and bikes with an emphasis on lowriders and customs, and I've recently jumped in to trying my hand at some leather work. I've attached a picture of the first piece I tried to tool. Needs a lot of work, but it's fun, looking forward to trying my next one with some different techniques to get more detail. Anyways, anyone else care to share?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks awesome charlesskelter...

I have many hobbies myself, I game a lot with friends on the PC and my partner and myself are right into doing home DIY renovations at the moment.

When nothing needs to be done around the house you will find me on the local golf course or at the gym. And last but not least im getting my new street 500 in a couple of weeks so that will definitely be a hobby in the near future. ;)

Oh yeah I love model trains as well, (Got the bug from my granddad) but I guess im leaving that hobby for retirement when I have more time to get into the finer details of model railways.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I trap shoot 2 mornings a week
I ride my Limited when I get time
Collect guns and coins
Wife is getting a Street 750 at the end of this week
so I assume we will ride more once she gets it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks awesome charlesskelter...

I have many hobbies myself, I game a lot with friends on the PC and my partner and myself are right into doing home DIY renovations at the moment.

When nothing needs to be done around the house you will find me on the local golf course or at the gym. And last but not least im getting my new street 500 in a couple of weeks so that will definitely be a hobby in the near future. ;)

Oh yeah I love model trains as well, (Got the bug from my granddad) but I guess im leaving that hobby for retirement when I have more time to get into the finer details of model railways.
Renovations?....Street 500.......LOL, sorry...reno"what"

You'll understand very soon

Ray

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love DIY renovations, but being a renter I don't get to do much of them. Wish I had a garage to set up. Maybe one day.

I did another piece trying out a different technique a few days ago. Just picked up another old Mazda pickup to get ready for daily driver status before winter sets in.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am a musician. Used to do it for a living.
I also have made and sold "Muppet" style puppets.
Canoeing
Shooting guns
Chess
Astronomy
Too many hobbies to count
BUT... I got into a little bit of leather work myself, as well as metal too. It was for movie props. Here is a replica of Freddy Krueger's glove from A Nightmare On Elm Street I build from raw materials (except the glove, just aged and tattered it)

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is bad ass! I'm a horror movie nut, I've wanted to make one forever but I don't really have any metal working tools or any place to put them. I've got a friend making a Pennywise costume for my Dalmatian ,since that is who she is named after, for Halloween this year.

·
Registered
766 Posts
love doing all kinds projects around our place.
we built an Ozark log cabin down here in south Louisiana.
we have 16 pets that I take care of.

I also built our 5 dogs a 2 story ac/heated dog house with video/audio.

also do things from landscaping to all kinds of electronic conveniences....24/7 video security all over the property.

built a full blown racing simulator that I love to drive.
exotic cars all over the world.

I enjoy helping others any time I can.

feed the birds and squirrels too, everyday.

play some golf, fish or target shoot guns.
love listening to Pandora on my bose indoor or outdoor sound systems.

love taking morning rides on my street 750 or even riding the dogs on the golf cart.

our whole life now is a hobby of enjoyments!

·
Registered
766 Posts
pics of the racing simulator I built...

able to drive most any vehicle ever made, from classic old to supercar new....love driving supercars on the Nuremburg track.

steering wheel, pedals, all with fully adjustable force feedback, paddle shifters, sequential auto 6 speed hand shifter or a 6 speed manual shifter with reverse, and reversible pedals including clutch, all made in Germany.

the actual structure was built from an old office metal computer stand, old metal bed boxed frames and the captains chair out of a mini van....all free material. I may add a roll cage later...lol

and with the 1080p HD monitor and the bose surround sound this rig gets pretty intense....its a blast!

oh I could go with multiple monitors, levitating hydraulic system, but for me this works very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts