Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of purchasing my 1st Harley (Street 750)...hence, my sign on name. :)

I've owned several previous metric bikes and now that Harley has finally decided to mfg a lower weight/price for a new/older rider...I'm proud to say I will be finally owning a Harley Davidson. Woo Hoo! Obviously, I fall into the older rider category. ;) Real happy being able to say I'll be owing a Harley, seeing how I live about five miles away from the York factory.

She was being ridden by the HD dealership's daughter, so my 2015 only has 390 miles on her, plus a SE slip on. As soon as the salesman pulled her out of the garage, I could tell she had on an aftermarket pipe...def makes a difference, plus she's red...my color of choice! I knew at that moment she was going to be mine. :D

I'll be picking her up next week. Just waiting for warmer weather to bring her home, as I'm not a cool weather rider.

That's my story. I just wanted to stop in and say "hey."

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome and congrats!!!!! Me and my wife are recent newbies as well…..still have my metric but to me, there's nothing quite like the feeling of riding a Harley…...

Reactions: 1st Harley

·
Registered
187 Posts
welcome. most of my riding experience is in tropical/desert areas but from 2013-2015 i lived in NYC and it totally sucks when my gloved hands would nearly freeze from the windchill (not to mention riding on salted streets)

Reactions: 1st Harley

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I certainly understand the freezing part. The day I test rode the Harley it was 45 degrees and I forgot my gloves. It wasn't exactly a pleasurable ride. I normally ride with gloves all summer long...smh!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
On my 40th birthday I left a deposit on my Harley. Bought mine at Brian's in Langhorne on Sept 5. When the recall work was completed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts