Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2016 750 over a year a ago for $4200. I paid the asking price of the seller. Since then, I look at the prices of Street 500/750 on listings. It seems like all the sellers are asking over $5k, even for 500s. Does anyone else see this in your area? If so, it looks like the XG 500/750 bikes are holding their value well.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Bandera, Texas
632 Posts
I'll agree. In my area, Texas, the prices are all over the place. I did a low price search within 500 miles and was impressed with the maintained high value. There were several in the $7k price. The lower mileage bikes are bringing top dollar. Possibly HD coming out with the Pan American is bringing a slightly different buyer to HD and they are starting to see the used market for the 500 and 750 benefiting from this. Here's the lowest price 3 doing a 250 mile search from me.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a 2016 750 in blue, like mine, at $6950. Wow.
Maybe people are seeing the XG for what it is. It's the 60º V that runs better. When we got discontinued, I thought HD was throwing away a lot of excellent tech. In general, I saw a much better motor with inherent advantages over all the old stuff. What are they thinking? Same old stuff forever? Nope. Enter the Nightster, the Pan Am. They look like the next step after the XG motor!
Maybe people are figuring out the importance the XG has played....it's the foundation of future HD motorcycles. No, we weren't thrown away. We are the foundation. Yesterday I looked at HD's Nightster section of their website. They wrote about the original Sportster, this continues from that, ya da ya da. Really. "Revolution Max" motors are from my XG!
They might not talk about it, but I think people have eyes and can see more of the Street in today's design. The new design motors affirm the value of the now 'old' XG motors. I'm going to keep my Street 750. I've got more miles to run...with lighter weight, more ground clearance, better handling and plenty of power.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought my 2016 750 over a year a ago for $4200. I paid the asking price of the seller. Since then, I look at the prices of Street 500/750 on listings. It seems like all the sellers are asking over $5k, even for 500s. Does anyone else see this in your area? If so, it looks like the XG 500/750 bikes are holding their value well.
The street models are selling at higher price than what it cost new to buy. It’s holding up value in excellent way.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Harley Davidson Xg750a Street Rod

Marcelo Laviano · 1h ·
=AZXwJdhp8kq5vu9tQzI9jNNJvecC5HBTIcgpGxyTgISF6E7Y5t_esGcD2bUFhD-TZ_wJ-bNMUa62XMG8VyRYNPX5Z1qq9h70mHpgM2ssgFfyyD9XU6rCdT9Pzt3CLKhNlqheUk414Zpx28S8j0pZokMDHd0Pzqf-qknjW95jQwPmTYNVs6xCtdoLkZq4RSmQmQA&tn=%2CO%2CP-R#?kfb']

FOR SALE: 2019 Street Rod. Has Vance and Hines pipe and HD Daymaker LED headlight. Only 1200 miles. Asking $8,500 or best offer.
Also have Street 750 foot controls brand new in boxes that will move the foot controls forward 3”. Make me an offer on those as well.
Located in Southern, NY USA

$8500? At these used prices, a new Nightster looks like a better option.
Me, I'm have plenty of miles left on my 2016 750.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think street rod XG750A and Nightster 975T are very different bikes. You got to ride and see which one you like. If you want more ground clearance, better distance per tank fill or built a tracker the street rod is good and cheaper. Sometimes making a decision purely based on price can go wrong in a bad way. Good to see the resale holding up for these bikes. People just didn’t appreciate the bike until HD discontinued and then realised it was a missed opportunity with the new bikes priced so high( wrapped in plastic).

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
909 Posts
I hate to be the naysayer, but I think what we are seeing is the combined effect of inflation and a used bike price bubble beyond that inflation. I know they are great bikes, but don't think the people who have spent the last seven years belittling them have had a sudden change of heart.

• Love
Reactions: Guaire

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hate to be the naysayer, but I think what we are seeing is the combined effect of inflation and a used bike price bubble beyond that inflation. I know they are great bikes, but don't think the people who have spent the last seven years belittling them have had a sudden change of heart.
I agree the price increase has given these bike a good value. It takes time for people understand certain things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts