Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I would hope that anyone who buys a motorcycle, buys it because that is what they want, not based on what others think or how badass they think they want to be. Don't be a lemming. Undoubtedly there will be "badass" Big Twinners that look down upon Street riders, because they are smaller displacement and they are liquid cooled and not a "real" Harley. They do it with Sporty riders. But I think that the "legends in their own mind" are the minority. Judging by what I see on forums and the riders I talk to, most are not prejudiced like that. Most have the attitude that it is not about what you ride, but rather that you are riding. There is always the bigger is better (or badder) mentality that some people live by... more cc's (or ci's), ,more horsepower...... that will never stop.
thats the only way to do it, buy what YOU need and what YOU know and think is right for them.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Personally I don't think having a larger displacement motorcycle has anything to do with being badass.

I've met some pretty whimpy guys who ride 600cc+ sports bikes before.

I've also met some gnarly dudes who ride lower CC bikes.

It really comes down to your needs. If you just need something to get you from point A-B locally you don't need a 1000cc motorcycle... Actually you would probably have more fun a lower CC motorcycle.

In general if you have made the decision to ride on two wheels that already sais something about you. It takes some courage to do so. And I have respect for all riders (except for the idiots who end up as statistics)
haha i've seen it a number of time.
see guys riding 600+ cc bikes that they shouldn't be, and some end up getting hurt in the end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.