Registered
294 Posts
Hi
Yes - that's about right. It revs higher when cold due to the stronger mixture,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The service of harley said that the RPM is not normal due to the air idle control or the reason of exzhoust.

For this reason i searched for the idle and found some videos about cleaning and cleaned it.

The service said to me the machine is workingin at the limit.
Not sure about it it fixed but it sounds good and i feel good too. ..

It works 1300-1350 RPM is this normal? And what is the standart?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You will not get the idle to be down like the old air cooled Harleys from the carburetor days. The 60 degree water cooled V-Twin in our Street series bikes is a much more advanced and sophisticated piece of engineering. The service manual shows the idle speed required by the factory, and yours is exactly right as is. Just except it as correct for the new engine and enjoy owning & riding a great bike every time you're on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You will not get the idle to be down like the old air cooled Harleys from the carburetor days. The 60 degree water cooled V-Twin in our Street series bikes is a much more advanced and sophisticated piece of engineering. The service manual shows the idle speed required by the factory, and yours is exactly right as is. Just except it as correct for the new engine and enjoy owning & riding a great bike every time you're on it.
Of course we can lower the idle speed and many do. Any tuner such as DJ Power Vision, TTS Master Tune, V&H FP3, etc. allows us to change the idle speed.

As far as the engine being much more advanced that is not true when it comes to the Delphi ECU. In fact I can argue the Big Twins are more advanced due to knock sensors and EITMS.

By today's standards the Revolution X engine is not very advanced. If you want to see an advanced V-Twin have a look at the Suzuki SV650 engine platform, which has actually been around for quite some time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Of course we can lower the idle speed and many do. Any tuner such as DJ Power Vision, TTS Master Tune, V&H FP3, etc. allows us to change the idle speed..
He's worried his stock bike is idling too high. It's not, it is correct for a factory set up bike. He doesn't have an aftermarket tuner on it. And as far as a Suzuki goes I wouldn't want an SV650 even if it was free.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Triple S we differ slightly. I would love to have a Suzuki SV650, if only the seat height allowed my feet to be more firmly on the ground.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Triple S we differ slightly. I would love to have a Suzuki SV650, if only the seat height allowed my feet to be more firmly on the ground.
Wonderful little bikes with very good engines. Suspension not so great but on par for the price.

HD HO Revolution X, while not as modern as others, actually does okay. With good intake, exhaust, and tune makes 70 RWHP. Too bad the chassis is so heavy...

·
Registered
79 Posts
And as far as a Suzuki goes I wouldn't want an SV650 even if it was free.
The point was that the Suzuki SV650 engine is more "modern" than the HD Rev X engine, not whether or not you would accept one as a gift.

The SV650 engine is making 14% more HP with only 87% of the displacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts