Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how is the street 750 top speed limited? is it gearing? Governor? and any options to change that atm? thanks pick the bike up tomorrow and ready to make it a monster lol

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
how fast do you plan on going with this thing?

if you had any bikes before this, which i'm assuming from your question, how fast have you gone on those?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Like all motorcycles the top speed is limited by configuration and gearing more so than anything else.

For example when I was involved in building a land speed record streamlined motorcycle based upon an aerodynamic body (designed by Boeing engineers) the theoretical top speed with 28 bhp was about 175 mph based upon wind tunnel testing.

If properly configured (e.g. as a streamliner) and geared the 47 bhp of a stock Street 750 would surpass 200 mph. Of course you can't ride a streamliner on the street but it has enough power stock to go over 200 mph.

What your really looking at is street performance and that is fundamentally unrelated to maximum possible top speed. Street performance typically relates to 0-60 mph as opposed to the actual top speed of the motorcycle that should never be attempted on the streets or highways anyway.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just wonder why people want to make the bike go faster than any speed limit that you will come into contact with.
Probably because its his money, its is time and its his bike. Simply put, why not?

Some people want to build school in Africa some want to go fast on motorcycles, I believe they call that life ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how fast do you plan on going with this thing?

if you had any bikes before this, which i'm assuming from your question, how fast have you gone on those?
i plan on being able to reach break top speed in a quarter mile haha.. i want this thing to actually be something and iv got 189 numerous times.. dont mean to sound cocky please dont take it that way.. i love speed i know my time and place.. i want to achieve what i can possibly achieve with this bike

I just wonder why people want to make the bike go faster than any speed limit that you will come into contact with.
addicted to speed... better than drugs right?
Like all motorcycles the top speed is limited by configuration and gearing more so than anything else.

For example when I was involved in building a land speed record streamlined motorcycle based upon an aerodynamic body (designed by Boeing engineers) the theoretical top speed with 28 bhp was about 175 mph based upon wind tunnel testing.

If properly configured (e.g. as a streamliner) and geared the 47 bhp of a stock Street 750 would surpass 200 mph. Of course you can't ride a streamliner on the street but it has enough power stock to go over 200 mph.

What your really looking at is street performance and that is fundamentally unrelated to maximum possible top speed. Street performance typically relates to 0-60 mph as opposed to the actual top speed of the motorcycle that should never be attempted on the streets or highways anyway.
i just figured it was limited electronically.. my zx is limited to 189 after removing that 200 was easily obtainable.
Probably because its his money, its is time and its his bike. Simply put, why not?

Some people want to build school in Africa some want to go fast on motorcycles, I believe they call that life ;)
i want unique and fast.. gunna make this my college project bike

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
"Professional rider on a closed course."

Just a cautionary note.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i plan on being able to reach break top speed in a quarter mile haha.. i want this thing to actually be something and iv got 189 numerous times.. dont mean to sound cocky please dont take it that way.. i love speed i know my time and place.. i want to achieve what i can possibly achieve with this bike
Nice! With that sort of experience behind the wheel I can see why you really want to do this, which is fair enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts