Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I normally just use an Automotive Wax on mine. Usually Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Today I was looking at the inside of my HJC IS2. Noticed the inside need to be cleaned. Not knowing what to use I grabbed my Bissell "Green Machine" and sprayed the inside. Then took my can of Auto Upholstery cleaner and sprayed the inside. Used the Bissell to vacuum it out. Drying now. Find out how bad it looks when I come home from work tonight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have generally just used the ammonia free windex for the outside. For the inside I pull the liner out and toss it in the washing machine on delicate. And I bought some helmet cleaner spray from one of the local shops and spray that on the inside. Seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just buy a new one.................lol

Reactions: Propnut

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if the liner comes out of this helmet?? I know it does on my other, CL33. That's why I used the "Green Machine" with Water to pull most of the dirt out. I checked it this morning. Didn't come out too bad.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I haven't had a need to clean the liner yet, but for the outside I use something like Meguiar's "Quik Detailer". Personally I would use something like that before waxing it, just for the piece of mind of knowing all the dirt is off it for sure.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I remember correctly, HJC tells you to use an Automotive Wax on the outside. Sometimes I use a Cleaner/Wax. Sometimes I use Meguiar's Gold Class.

I found the Cleaner/Wax works great on the HD Windshield. Removes a lot of the bug splatter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts