Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Street Fans,

About how long did you have to wait at the dealer to get the recall on the brakes completed?
Did you have to leave your bike or did you wait for it and ride home in a few hours?
I am just asking because I am going in for the work this am at 9:00 and have to leave for work at 12:00pm.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well as it happens, here in the UK we feel the recall work has not actually been handled very well. Parts have only just, in the past few weeks been arriving at the dealers.

Having said that - I got a call for mine this morning and booked it in on Thursday at 09:00. I asked how long it would take and they said to allow 2 hours for the work.

Having done this type of work myself previously I think 2 hours is a bit excessive but I guess that answers you question. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am at the dealer... they said about 1.5 or 2 hrs if I did not get it washed. I told them to skip the bike wash. I will be happy if I am back in the wind by noon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About 1.75 hrs.
My back brake use to lock up pretty easily.
Now I have to stomp on it pretty hard to come to a stop.
Guess it will take some getting familiar with the new calipers.
Anyone notice a difference?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I liked my old ones better!!! LOL The new ones don't seem to grab as well.. Funny how everyone says the brakes weren't any good!! I think they are worse!! But maybe they just need broke in.. Cheers!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never did like to get into a skid but I kinda got used to how light I had to step on the back brake.
I am gonna check the adjustment from the manual this weekend to see if they set it up right at the dealer.
Thanks 8831lee, yeah maybe they need to get broke in. Did they put new pads on as well as part of the recall?
The new calipers have the bar and shield on them and look a lil different. But I can't see good enough to tell if they put new pads on. Guess I gotta get a magnifying glass out and take a look.

·
Registered
286 Posts
She's back. Took a little over an hour to complete and has brand new shiny pads front and rear.

Tried the brakes and really can't say they feel any different at all but it is one less thing to worry about when cruising down the road a little faster than one ought to :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well here in Australia...I'm still waiting..Ive contacted dealer and just like me they are waiting on parts...so slow! I wont ride my bike far until its fixed..simple!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went back to the dealer this a.m. and asked about the pads. At first the service rep said that the pads were not new. I asked him to check with the tech who did the service...sure enough...he came back and said pads new with the latest kits from the moco. .8hrs was the time on the paperwork for the service.

Weshicatwelo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts