56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For fun lets talk about how many miles we have on our Streets
My Wife has 104
Got her 2016 750 mid October

·
Registered
504 Posts
Got my 2015 XG750 in September, then put it away for the winter. It has 3,100KMS on it, and rising

Reactions: StoneFree

·
Registered
187 Posts
got mine 18 September 2015, only got 1033km (641miles) on the odometer. kind of low since i primarily use a beater bike (Honda 125) for majority of local commuting

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I purchased my 2015 Street 750 in late July of 2014 and I have over 13,500 miles on my black pearl. Its been the perfect bike for commuting to work and for those weekend therapy sessions.
Now you're riding it like it's supposed to be ridden. It is an exceptional motorcycle for both of the purposes you're using it for, I would also recommend it for road trips but you need to travel light because it doesn't come with the storage of the bagger road cruisers. I've learned that same trick with my Sportster that's my main ride and doesn't have any bags for road trips. I can put everything I require for an indefinate road trip in a small leather backpack that only has about one cubic foot of storage space. Perhaps I'll start a thread on how to road trip on the Street. I have a lot of tricks I've learned over the years on smaller motorcycles.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Now you're riding it like it's supposed to be ridden. It is an exceptional motorcycle for both of the purposes you're using it for, I would also recommend it for road trips but you need to travel light because it doesn't come with the storage of the bagger road cruisers. I've learned that same trick with my Sportster that's my main ride and doesn't have any bags for road trips. I can put everything I require for an indefinate road trip in a small leather backpack that only has about one cubic foot of storage space. Perhaps I'll start a thread on how to road trip on the Street. I have a lot of tricks I've learned over the years on smaller motorcycles.

I'm planning to take a first 'road trip' on my 750 STREET, when the weather gets a little more conducive here. Although I've logged thousands of miles on larger bikes I'm a little apprehensive as to how this one will handle windy conditions. Any input on that issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JMB

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought my 750 on April 14th 2015. it has 10,179 miles on it so far.

I have taken it on quite a few long rides and a road trip from San Jose, CA to Reno, NV. About 360 miles, one way, the long way. It was a tough ride then, had to make quite a few stops to stretch out my knees, and this was prior to getting the fuel pump recall fixed so every 100 miles for gas stops as well. But I have since added crash bars, Highway pegs, as well as a tallboy seat. So my next long road trip will be a whole new ball game for comfort. at least comparing it to the last few.

As for windy conditions, well I got blown all over the freaking place when I rode over a mountain pass in 60mph+ winds. Head wind was tough felt like it wanted to push me right off the back of the bike, had to really hold onto the handlebars (I don't have a windshield).....then when it became a side wind as I made it further up the mountain, I had to lean into the wind almost at a 45 degree angle, just to keep it in my lane. In my experience with our bikes being so light, they don't really handle high windy conditions very well, it was actually pretty **** scary, and very tiring.

my two cents.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought my 750 on April 14th 2015. it has 10,179 miles on it so far.

I have taken it on quite a few long rides and a road trip from San Jose, CA to Reno, NV. About 360 miles, one way, the long way. It was a tough ride then, had to make quite a few stops to stretch out my knees, and this was prior to getting the fuel pump recall fixed so every 100 miles for gas stops as well. But I have since added crash bars, Highway pegs, as well as a tallboy seat. So my next long road trip will be a whole new ball game for comfort. at least comparing it to the last few.

As for windy conditions, well I got blown all over the freaking place when I rode over a mountain pass in 60mph+ winds. Head wind was tough felt like it wanted to push me right off the back of the bike, had to really hold onto the handlebars (I don't have a windshield).....then when it became a side wind as I made it further up the mountain, I had to lean into the wind almost at a 45 degree angle, just to keep it in my lane. In my experience with our bikes being so light, they don't really handle high windy conditions very well, it was actually pretty **** scary, and very tiring.

my two cents.

Thanks, I'll wait for March to be over.:|

JMB

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I'm planning to take a first 'road trip' on my 750 STREET, when the weather gets a little more conducive here. Although I've logged thousands of miles on larger bikes I'm a little apprehensive as to how this one will handle windy conditions. Any input on that issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JMB
I wouldn't worry about it at all. The 750 is a pretty good size motorcycle and will handle gusty crosswinds just fine.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow......I'm up to a whopping 49 miles on it. Had 16 when I picked it up last Tues. & added another 33 bringing it home. Yesterday it was a little chilly to be riding, but was able to install the accessories; Zumo 660 & a Kuryakyn phone bracket. When I bought it last november I had them throw in a HD 12V outlet & run a second set of wires up to the handlebars. The biggest hassle was hiding the wire as garmin added extra wires to the loom for add ons. Will try and up the mileage this afternoon as its going to hit the mid 50's. :)

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I only have about 700 miles on mine (bought it in the middle of Jan 2016) but thats because I only go out 2-3 times a week and thats for local errands and things. If I have to go anywhere I DO take the bike but I just don't normally have to go anywhere lol.

Put it this way, even though there is only 700 miles on the bike since I got it, my car has only been refilled with petrol 1 time since Jan 2016, and has had the battery DIE 2x from lack of use lol.

I think Im gonna start doing early morning trips on the weekends while the wife sleeps. I like riding in the early AM - all alone on the road with just the bike and my thoughts - and best on the weekends when "normal people" are in bed sleeping. I LOVE riding the bike and take it everywhere, I just don't have anywhere to be :(

Best,

USVet

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think Im gonna start doing early morning trips on the weekends while the wife sleeps. I like riding in the early AM - all alone on the road with just the bike and my thoughts - and best on the weekends when "normal people" are in bed sleeping. I LOVE riding the bike and take it everywhere, I just don't have anywhere to be :(

Best,

USVet

I here you nothing like those quite early morning rides! :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Finally said "enough's enough".....the temp hit 49ºF & I went for it. I'm slowly getting the hang of this thing. Compared to my maxi scooter there's a lot to get used to. I've just about figured out the tranny. The next thing is getting used to all the clunks, clinks, & lurching. The brakes are another matter, my scooter was an automatic so no clutch lever, the back brake took its place. But its coming around nicely. Put about 30 miles on it today. wanted to get some pics of it so I took it to the park. Tomorrow should be about the same.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Finally said "enough's enough".....the temp hit 49ºF & I went for it. I'm slowly getting the hang of this thing. Compared to my maxi scooter there's a lot to get used to. I've just about figured out the tranny. The next thing is getting used to all the clunks, clinks, & lurching. The brakes are another matter, my scooter was an automatic so no clutch lever, the back brake took its place. But its coming around nicely. Put about 30 miles on it today. wanted to get some pics of it so I took it to the park. Tomorrow should be about the same.
Sometimes you just have to push it and say WTH.... just go riding!

As far as the feel and getting used to the bike, all that will come with riding time and determining an understanding with the machine ;) When it all clicks though, it feels good as you can just ride and NOT think about anything mechanical at all.

Just free your mind and the bike will follow friend.

Safe riding

Best,

USVet

Reactions: CorkyF
1 - 20 of 47 Posts