Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, after looking around on other hd forums, I seen a post that stated the build date is located on the DOT sticker located on the frame, up by the radiator I think. don't know at this point if this applies to our bikes, but tomorrow I will look and see if I can find the build date.

even though I bought mine in last day or so of may 2015, it appears from my vin number in the 8th (?) digit, there is a #4 , which apparently means it was built in 2014. if that's the case then this bike has been sitting around for quite a while since being built, most likely in the back of the dealership.

I don't know when the Kansas city plant actually started building these bikes however.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mate, that number 4 or 1 is the location it was built, 4 being India, and 1 being the U.S.
so my VIN starts with MEG4 an Indian model
EDIT: will look into more info RE build dates when I can for ya

Double Edit:
Totally misread some of your post... Excuse, I have been on shift work the last 3 weeks....lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
The tenth digit denotes the year. It will be a letter (F) that tells you the year (2015). There is no month designation, so Harley must be keeping track via the last 6 digits which are a sequence number that likely indicates to them the precise time it was built.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts