Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a fairing from a guy who has the Sportster 1200. How do I mount it on my street rod? Can’t find videos

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
16 Posts
I think the cowl’s bracket is different between the Sportster and Street Rod, you might need the bracket too

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
@Hahn - Is the Street Rod headlight a press fit like some of the side covers are? Looking at the photo I'm guessing the fairing has four cast in posts that press into the four holes on the bracket with rubber grommets, then the bracket has a couple of screws connecting it to the forks.

Looking at a YouTube video for removing the 2020 Iron 1200 fairing it seems that the bracket has a pair of screws holding the fairing and another pair connecting to the forks.

You may need to remove the Street Rod fairing and bracket and then put on the Sportster bracket to mount your fairing to. It might not fit correctly, so you may need to do some fabrication work. That may be as simple as drilling new bolt holes in the bracket.

Reactions: Hahn

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
16 Posts
@Hahn - Is the Street Rod headlight a press fit like some of the side covers are? Looking at the photo I'm guessing the fairing has four cast in posts that press into the four holes on the bracket with rubber grommets, then the bracket has a couple of screws connecting it to the forks.
Yes it is! I can get more photos if it is helpful. I think riding for the rest of June is iffy, we have major storms and flooding this week, but I can pull the tarp and take pics if needed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts