Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just decided I'd sign up for the heckuvit. I've been tossing around the idea of a new bike (as always), and the Street 750 is currently holding 1st place on my list. Time and budget will tell, I suppose.

A bit o' history: my 1st bike ever was a Buell Lightning XB12Ss. Can you believe that? My first bike was a 1200cc and I'm still alive to tell the tale! :eek: It which was great fun, but ultimately too cramped for my needs, and it was kind of a pain to work on (that gigantic hollow frame always seemed to be getting in the way!).

I decided I wanted to try something different, so like a lunatic I hit the other end of the spectrum and picked up a Ural T, which, for those that don't know, is a Russian sidecar rig. Also a hoot, and also a PITA. Easy to work on, but required seemingly constant tinkering with some ridiculously short service intervals. Had it been a little faster I probably would have kept it, but topping out at 60 mph makes long trips REALLY long trips. Sold it just over a year ago and used the funds for a '95 Jeep Wrangler. The Jeep has kept my open air itch in check until recently, but the bike bug has returned! So, I've been looking to see what's out there these days.

So yeah, looking forward to getting schooled here on the new Street. The other big contender on my list is the Vulcan S, but I'm not really a fan of forward controls, and hey, if the Street is good enough for Captain America..... ;)

~SM

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome

if you test ride the street 750, you may find as I did that it handles very easily, has plenty of power and actually is a quick mid size bike.

the first thing you'll want to do is put mirror extenders or long stem mirrors on it because the stock mirrors only allow most to see their shoulders and not what is behind them. I'd make this update as part of any purchase deal...I..e.. change the mirrors or add mirror extenders or I wouldn't buy ....to many of us, this is a safety issue!

the other main thing/issue we've had was the 2015 streets had a recall on the defective fuel pumps, once that was changed then that problem seems to have been solved.

(but, not many extras, such as hazard flashers, tach, gauges, gear indicator, fuel gauge.)

this is a great mid size bike other wise

anyway, those are the two main things I can mention as far as the HD streets to a new prospective buyer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome. I enjoy my Street. I won't say to buy or not buy one as every bike has plus and minus factors. For me the biggest one was in the price range, the Street was the only cruiser I liked the base styling of, so ultimately it won hands down. I've not gotten sick of it yet, and I've always had a real bad problem with trading and selling vehicles.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i also came to the street750 from a bigger bike (1250cc V-Rod i left in storage at Florida).

the biggest factor in me choosing the street750 here in the Philippines is the price. due to it being built in India, it costs far less than the bikes imported from USA. another factor is that i'll rarely ever reach 145kph on the busy Philippine roads, so midsize 750 is just right for city riding and occasional freeway rides

Reactions: Rock270

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the first thing you'll want to do is put mirror extenders or long stem mirrors on it because the stock mirrors only allow most to see their shoulders and not what is behind them. I'd make this update as part of any purchase deal...I..e.. change the mirrors or add mirror extenders or I wouldn't buy ....to many of us, this is a safety issue!
Thanks for the tips. In respect to the mirrors, I'm a big fan of bar-end mirrors anyway. I've installed them on both my previous bikes. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts