Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well It's been really nice getting to know some of you guys on here, but I just got done graduating onto a FULL SIZE HD. I traded in my street 750 for a 2016 Dyna Switchback today. It was a great ride (12,852 miles in a year), and helped me learn a TON of things about motorcycling that will stick with me for life. When I bought the 750 a year ago, I knew it wasn't to be a lifetime friendship, was just a stepping stone or GATE WAY DRUG, and it worked cause I am hooked. Just felt there was some things missing, and the 750 really wasn't the bike for me. Again You guys on here have really helped me out with all the advice and part recommendations.

I do have some spare parts that did not go away with the trade in. I have a set of leather Saddle bags from Amazon that I will let go for practically nothing.......I have a TALLBOY seat $100, and some stock items as well, (exhaust, intake filter & box) PM me to let me know if you are interested.

Thanks again for all your help guys,
Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Congrats!! If I ever Upgrade, I need Water Cooling and Mid Controls. Water Cooling for my driving environment. And the Mids because I have short legs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
that's more miles than i put on my first full size bike (2008 v-rod, 12100 miles over six years)

750 is my bike for while I reside in Philippines, big enough for the few highways here, yet not a total "steal me i'm loaded" type of bike.

keep the shiny side up as you ride safe, too

Reactions: 750STREETRIDER

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Well It's been really nice getting to know some of you guys on here, but I just got done graduating onto a FULL SIZE HD. I traded in my street 750 for a 2016 Dyna Switchback today.
Not today, not tomorrow, but somewhere down the road you'll regret not keeping the 750 when you purchased the Dyna. Not implying the Dyna isn't a better motorcycle for your current needs but you know they're different and there will be times when you regret you don't have the 750 to ride instead. One of the things I love about the Street 750 is that it reminds me of the Triumph 650 I once owned and never should have sold. Today I regret every time I sold any motorcycle I've owned because each had it's niche where it was the best. LOL

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I rotatate HD's all the time. I just picked up a 07 night Train, but I'm keeping the 750 for life. I'm waiting for some good performance parts to come out. This bike could be a monster. Living on a sub-tropical island, the liquid cooling is almost a must.

Reactions: StoneFree

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not today, not tomorrow, but somewhere down the road you'll regret not keeping the 750 when you purchased the Dyna. Not implying the Dyna isn't a better motorcycle for your current needs but you know they're different and there will be times when you regret you don't have the 750 to ride instead. One of the things I love about the Street 750 is that it reminds me of the Triumph 650 I once owned and never should have sold. Today I regret every time I sold any motorcycle I've owned because each had it's niche where it was the best. LOL
I agree StoneFree, many of my friends ride XG750. They are quite happy with the performance of the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well It's been really nice getting to know some of you guys on here, but I just got done graduating onto a FULL SIZE HD. I traded in my street 750 for a 2016 Dyna Switchback today. It was a great ride (12,852 miles in a year), and helped me learn a TON of things about motorcycling that will stick with me for life. When I bought the 750 a year ago, I knew it wasn't to be a lifetime friendship, was just a stepping stone or GATE WAY DRUG, and it worked cause I am hooked. Just felt there was some things missing, and the 750 really wasn't the bike for me. Again You guys on here have really helped me out with all the advice and part recommendations.

I do have some spare parts that did not go away with the trade in. I have a set of leather Saddle bags from Amazon that I will let go for practically nothing.......I have a TALLBOY seat $100, and some stock items as well, (exhaust, intake filter & box) PM me to let me know if you are interested.

Thanks again for all your help guys,
Ride safe.
Do you still have the leather saddle bags or are they gone? I'm also looking for the stock cafe fairing if you have either I would be interested.

Shelley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts