Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 15 Street 750 only has about 2400 Miles. Is now sitting at my Dealer waiting for parts. No I didn't drop or crash it. The Tech has the engine opened up. The rear cylinder started spitting oil. On the Worst side possible. I saw some Spatter on the Drive Belt Guard. Wiped it off. Looked up. And saw a pea sized drop of oil on the corner of the engine fin. it was 2nd or third from the bottom. Called my dealer. He had me bring it in. They looked at. Saw oil residue on the back half of the cooling fins. Tech looked at it. They're hoping its only the "Cylinder Head Cover". They ordered the gasket and the mounting screws. Hopefully it will be fixed before the 21st. I need it for the MS: Coast The Coast Tour that weekend.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ouch. i have my 1600km 1st service appointment set for this Saturday the the Manila H-D. other than the occasional lag 'n leap haven't had any issues with the 750

·
Registered
60 Posts
It sounds like a gasket link. If that's the case, it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Fix did not last. Rear Cylinder is leaking again. Has ben at the dealer since Monday night. They just looked at it today. Ordered another gasket and hardware. The Tech has not taken the engine apart yet to determin What is causing the leaks. I'm starting to regret buying this bike.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the bike but in my case Im have began to itch over the time in shop to road ratio. I can only imaging if they had tried to fix something a couple times and still had problems
thagorilla

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spoke to my service writer today. One of the parts is on Back Order. They ordered the same parts they replaced last time. 3 months and 1400 Miles ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Crap....I just dropped mine off on Saturday...Exact same symptoms....UGH....And I just had new rims delivered to put on!! Runs fine, but yeah oil everywhere on the left side.

·
Registered
47 Posts
HD came back and said it had something to do with the front spocket and belt?? I don't know mechanics, but not sure how that translates to oil leak....have to wait for parts, so no ride bike for me till next week....Said it's under warranty so that's good..I was stressing as I did like many, k/n air filter, loose cannon slip on, FP3.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On my way home, Ran out of gas. Experienced the "Lag and Leap". Fortunately I was able to control it. Called my dealer. Spoke to Tina in Service. She came over with a gas can. And got me home tonight. At no charge. Now that's service. Only got a couple of miles from the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having similar issues...and a case of buyer's remorse.

Oil leak at 225 miles
Here's what dealer replaced:
Oil seal, shifter shaft
Switch, neutral
O-ring, neutral switch
Sensor, veh speed
Oil seal, output pulley
O-ring, transmission collar
...and apologized because it looked like the assembly mechanic had not tightened stuff down to spec. Oh great.

Oil leak at 1112 miles
Took it to another dealer and they replaced
Gasket, tensioner

Oil leak at 2300 miles
In the shop now...full attention of many staff members when I dropped it off.
Chatter about head gasket.
I'm thinking lemon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts