Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If the momentum for more refined liquid cooled engines start, then Indian seems to be a winner.

New generation just might be more teche!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
While competitive with the 1200cc Sportster it won't be able to compete with the 883 on price. With a starting MRSP it is going to even be more expensive than the base 1200cc Sportster but will still draw some sales away from Harley.

I've often thought that Indian needed to reintroduce the Scout as I'm not into the larger Chief anymore than I'm into the larger cruiser Harleys.

Personally I might purchase one but it would be in addition to my Harleys and not in place of my Harleys. My wife might object but that's my personal position. I'm not going to give up my Sportster because I absolutely love it for "one-up" touring. I'm not sure the Scout would be quite as good in that capacity but time will tell.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait for Reports. But it's gonna be smooth, vibration free and comfy I guess!

Hope they introduce in India at a Sane Price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks for sharing that video, i have to say that i'm really starting to like it even more

too bad that video wasn't on youtube.
Slightly off-topic: The Indian Classic & Indian Vintage seem to have a comfortable seating position but the Chieftan (and, I would assume, the new Roadmaster also) is cramped! The rider's seat is too far forward for someone 6' tall.

I rode an old H-D Electra Glide Classic for several hours last week. Much better!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bike seems good fro videos. Just the recipe to tingle the taste buds. Priced sensibly in USA but would it be in India is the question. Moreover just 1 outlet in India.

Overall seems a winner to me. It's not just Harley but Ducati, Triumph, Honda etc. would be seekers could be converts here. But PRICE....!!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I don't know, Polaris has been trying to take chunks out of HD for years with Victory. For sure they might snag a few conquests for those who shop based on product, but they won't ever be able to create the pull of the image that draws many to Milwaukee!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Well Indian got Heritage!

Not really a lawn mower company bought the name.

Polaris is shooting itself in the foot as the Indian will steal more sales from that ugly victory than HD.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well Indian got Heritage!
yes but it hasnt been optimized and weaponized like harleys has. What I mean is harleys marketing message has long ago morphed from being a mere message, its a lifestyle, its more than a choice. So firmly in step is it with Harleys core clientele that any attempt to match it on equal terms is viewed as subversion.

I'd call it propaganda if there weren't such strong feelings of revulsion attached to that word. Propaganda works because it aligns itself with a kernel of thought (individual mindtruth) and expands from there. Because its rooted in this mind truth it becomes irreplaceable and extremely difficult to fight. How can one revolt against ones own beliefs without short circuiting the foundations of the mind?

History, freedom, rebellion, they're not even selling anything, its what you've always wanted. You can imagine the power that possesses...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But Indian doing good marketing. These are positioned as more premium, classy offering with Heritage. I have come across 2 Indian advertisements and both seem understated to me while not bashing Harley at the same time. 1) Is Harley owner polishing his bike fondly to put a for sale tag on it, & 2) Heard of Harley owners stopping to let riders on Indian cross first after inspecting the cruisers.

Both very powerful & understated I would say.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts