Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

indicator issue

27K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Ratdog Fink 
#1 ·
I have a street 500 2020.
Approx every 60 seconds all 4 indicators come on, just flash then off again.
This has only started happening in the last 4 months and my dealership says he doesnt know or cant find the problem.
Has any one else had this issue and can head me in the right direction to fix,

#2 ·
I have had no such problem, but I'm thinking the turn signal circuitry is pretty simple. It's pretty much the battery connections, switch, turn signal flasher (under the seat) and the lights themselves.

I would start by following wires from the switch to the flasher and out to the lights. Look for anything that is chafed and grounding to the frame.

In the absence of any obvious wiring faults I would change the flasher module. These are a range of low prices, so figure under fifteen dollars, euros, or pounds for a replacement.

Did the 2020 bikes come with LED lighting?

Does it have a security system? That's all I can think of that would normally blip all the lights on at once. Maybe it's having issues like a low battery in the key fob.

#4 ·
I have had no such problem, but I'm thinking the turn signal circuitry is pretty simple. It's pretty much the battery connections, switch, turn signal flasher (under the seat) and the lights themselves.

I would start by following wires from the switch to the flasher and out to the lights. Look for anything that is chafed and grounding to the frame.

In the absence of any obvious wiring faults I would change the flasher module. These are a range of low prices, so figure under fifteen dollars, euros, or pounds for a replacement.

Did the 2020 bikes come with LED lighting?

Does it have a security system? That's all I can think of that would normally blip all the lights on at once. Maybe it's having issues like a low battery in the key fob.
Thank you for your reply, yes I have asked the dealership to order me a new indicator switch about a month ago but still not come in (not sure why) I will replace this first and then see how I go,

#3 ·
Reactions: Lesblank
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.