Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking into doing some mods to my 2016 Street 750 and wanted to get some input. I'm between the Chappell Customs shorty exhaust and a Speed Merchant exhaust. I also want to do an open box intake. Would I be better off getting a power commander or a tune from Harley? When talking to the guys at Harley they said a power commander would have issues with the stock ecu which could cause issues with the air fuel mix. I'm also wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes shorty clutch and brake levers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
You might consider a Vance & Hines FP3 for a tuner. As I understand it, even if there isn't a map for your particular setup the FP3 has an autotune feature.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've heard that some shops will void your warranty for even putting a slip on muffler on the bike. I'm going to get an FP3 for my bike but I'm going to wait til after the 5000mi service interval checkup that my warranty requires (also have to wait cause I blew the money I was saving for the FP3 on a new seat for the 750). I think the best bet is to talk with the service manager at your shop to see what their policy is.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stopped at the dealer (open house) & asked them about a tuner & he said, emphatically, no go. He said while they would probably look the other way most other dealerships wouldn't even work on the bike. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not so. I had my dealer install SE pipes, AC and tuner. Because I did it within so many days of buying the bike, it's all covered under my 2 yr warranty. Of course they're all HD products

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was looking for something like a fp3 or PV2 that has the gauges either on phone or dash mounted. Does the HD brand tuner do this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts