Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Went to install the Windshield today. Got a little confused on the Clamps. One picture in the instructions showed the Bolt going Outside in. And the Parts Diagram showed it going Inside out. Once I figured it out went in. Hard pat was tightening the 2 1/4" Allen screws on top. Bought a really neat tool from Gearwrench and got to use it today. Has a 1/4" Flex head ratchet on one end. And a 1/4" Flex head Bit holder on the other end. I have both the Short and Long version. You May want to consider buying one. The Harbor Freight Motorcycle stand/Wheel Chock helped when I had to align the headlamp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all. Went to install the Windshield today. Got a little confused on the Clamps. One picture in the instructions showed the Bolt going Outside in. And the Parts Diagram showed it going Inside out. Once I figured it out went in. Hard pat was tightening the 2 1/4" Allen screws on top. Bought a really neat tool from Gearwrench and got to use it today. Has a 1/4" Flex head ratchet on one end. And a 1/4" Flex head Bit holder on the other end. I have both the Short and Long version. You May want to consider buying one. The Harbor Freight Motorcycle stand/Wheel Chock helped when I had to align the headlamp.
How do you like the windshield? Do you get any buffeting?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It works. Keeps the bug junk off me. I've hit 80 with it. The only thing I noticed is, My helmet sometimes gets buffeting. Depending on how tall you are, You might not have a problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm just over 6 feet. I tried a slightly shorter windshield and the buffeting was really bad so I am hoping the HD one is better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It gets really annoying. I wear glasses and the buffeting shakes them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Might try messing with the cheap windshield I have then even though the wind noise really hurt my ears. Would be nice to be able to try out the HD one to see if it is any better.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My only complaint is the appearance. Looks a cheap after market, or something off a crotch rocket or adventure bike. I like the classic style.....wide, flat & rounded at the top. I also like accessories made specifically for my bike hence the HD brand. It's a nice, quality, well built shield & I'm happy with it. especially when I see how many bugs are on it & not on me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought the HD windscreen but haven't put it on yet. I was hoping I could just remove the two screws at the top of the bikini screen to remove that and then put the quick release windscreen on. The directions were saying I had to remove the light. How easy was the process?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I took the stock speed screen and bracket off. It was a simple task. Just loosened the nut at the bottom and angled the headlight down enough to move it out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was hoping it would be simple enough that I could quickly swap the bikini screen and quick release screen back and forth. Sounds like I would have to align the light each time. Sigh...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts