Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just received an e-mail from VerticalScope concerning the Data Breach. They became aware on June 13 of a Breach in Feb. That the information is available online.

Why does it take months to discover the Breach? People are buying the data before the public knows about it. Probably explains why my Inbox has been getting loaded with Spam for the last several months.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had a co-worker get the same email. Typically stuff like that is spam. I told him just to delete the email.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah the spam email I have been getting is terrible. I didn't know what was going on at first until I got the email about the breach.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I figured there had to be a breach for them to implement those draconian password rules. I didn't join the site till I bought my bike at the end of May so hadn't seen any emails about the breach itself, just the change in password policy rules.

It is a bit humorous that the password policy for these forums is more stringent than any bank I have used. It is more restrictive than any site I have worked on and I do web security for a living :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah, the password rules here are so draconian I finally bit the bullet, and installed and paid for LastPass. It can cough up some seriously secure and seriously long passwords, and keep track of them across all my devices and all my browsers/apps. I had been meaning to do it for ages. But I do agree, this place's password rules are off the hook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts