Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am from Punjab, India. Have been riding bikes for quite some time now. Started on Yamaha Rx100, then had a Enfield Bullet 350. Have bought the present Street 750, my first Harley in Nov 15. Have found it a good bike but for few glitches in terms of poor wiring, poorer brakes and the mirrors. But overall an awesome engine and a pleasure to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Ontario Canada!

BTW, I need one of those HOG Chapter badges!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I'm thinking of buying Street. Still on the fence. The streets have some good qualities but also some negatives so trying to figure it all out for the cost evolved vs getting a cheeper new or used bike. Also if I will do well with a Street? I took the riders class, rode a Rebel for 2 seasons ,and I had a 1973 Iron head 1000 and a 1993 Evo 1200,both just to heavy for me to want to deal with and just too much power for me. So here I am. Hope to learn some things. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I'm thinking of buying Street. Still on the fence. The streets have some good qualities but also some negatives so trying to figure it all out for the cost evolved vs getting a cheeper new or used bike. Also if I will do well with a Street? I took the riders class, rode a Rebel for 2 seasons ,and I had a 1973 Iron head 1000 and a 1993 Evo 1200,both just to heavy for me to want to deal with and just too much power for me. So here I am. Hope to learn some things. Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
@ Monster,

Get one, you'll be happy. You'll have the "power" without the needless weight and other stuff that's not needed. I've had 12 bikes over the last >50 years; the last an 02 SOFTAIL. I love the STREET!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm concerned about the issues for the cost of the bike. The good things I read really attract me, however the bad make me question if its worth the base price to put more money into it due to some of its issues. Two of the issues that will cost me money are my own preferences, one being the sound of the pipes and two the rear fender. I don't mind putting money into that...Its the missing shifts, poor breaking, and unsafe mirrors,that in my opinion should be recalled and proper mirrors put on. Ik 2016 some of the breaking has been addressed but its still not the best and the fuel pump issue was addressed. .good, but really Harley, the mirrors really put the right ones on the bike ya know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the iron head and the evo for under 2000, ok the iron head was a money pit but loved the small frame, the evo ran great but just big and heavy for me to feel comfortable moving it about without someone around to help me. Partly due to me being inexperienced w a bigger bike. The 250 Was so light I could move it about the yard without help. When I read about the Street I thought it may be just what Im looking for. I'm older not looking to impress anyone, just want to ride within my comfort zone and what I like. I like Harley s. I don't need a fancy paint job or the fastest bike. I just want one I can zip downtown in or ride to a ralley or camping trip on. A bike I wont shake apart my body on and kill myself moving around and feel like I may drop it. I'm very thrifty, I have 12 children, I don't drop money on things I don't intend to use for a long time
My hope is that if I invested in the 750, it would be fast enough for the highway, nimble enough for town, and light enough that I feel safe and in control. Does that make sense? I don't really have the desire to up later on to a 883 or 1200 for what I do. I don't think I'd need it. I'm looking at the street as more of my longterm bike aswell as a somewhat new rider bike. Do you think this is possibe or am I looking at the street wrong?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Monster ............. I also have a Boulevard C50T cruiser and I will tell you I LOVE the XG750 Street! The only issue I had was the mirrors, and I rectified that by adding BOTH the HD Mirror Extenders & the HD Tribal Mirrors! Mine is the 2015 and the brakes just take a bit of getting used to. They are softer IMO than my Boulevard, but not enough to be a concern to me. I just know now how to handle them.

This bike is a "head turner". Maybe because there aren't a lot on the streets yet. Whenever I'm parked anywhere it seems to attract a crowd. I've even had people at traffic lights roll down their window to ask me about the bike!

I don't think you can go wrong with the "750". It's light weight and "peppy"! Goes like crap! And, if it helps, I'm in my 60's and retired :)

Reactions: 750STREETRIDER

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on wether or not its better to start w the the 500 get use to that and then when comfortable, bore it out for more power for the highway roadtrips or just go right for the 750 knowing you'll be on the highway? Remember I was on a 250 for 2 seasons went to a 1000 and 1200 and just felt like it was too much bike for me all around. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, this is intro section. I should prob find a forum somewhere to ask that. Nice to meet you thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am from Punjab, India. Have been riding bikes for quite some time now. Started on Yamaha Rx100, then had a Enfield Bullet 350. Have bought the present Street 750, my first Harley in Nov 15. Have found it a good bike but for few glitches in terms of poor wiring, poorer brakes and the mirrors. But overall an awesome engine and a pleasure to ride.
Hey congo on ur bike.
Im too about to buy street750 in few months. Can u tell me which saddel bag u hv in ur pic and from where u bought it. Looks nice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, Avin. firstly sorry for the delay in replying was out on work tour for a long time.
These are budget saddlebags Rynox bought online at Home page.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, Avin. firstly sorry for the delay in replying was out on work tour for a long time.
These are budget saddlebags Rynox bought online at Home page.
Okie. I checked their website. U hv i think nomad bags of rynox.how comfortable it is for pillion rider with the bags. And is the bag water proof???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts