Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
This meme says it all for Wisconsin today.....:crying:
Austin Texas motorcyclist enjoyed a cool morning followed by a 75 degree afternoon. The streets and highways were full of bikes, me included.
I feel for you all in Wisconsin, winter has been really hard on you. It will be all better soon.

In closing do not move here the summers are long and very hot.

Pat

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pat,

I know all about Texas and how hot it gets, I use to live in Beaumont, Texas since 1970, Houston before that. I moved to Wisconsin in late September of 2001. The last two winters here have been the coldest. By that I mean lots of sub zero air temp days. When the temp hits 32 degrees, it actually feels warm and when it gets above 40 with little wind and clear skies, the bikers are out riding with jackets and gloves with me included.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yup, darn near spring here in northern NY. It was -21*F this morning. I think we may have made it up to low single digits today... maybe.
I would take long hot sweltering summers over long cold winters any day. It started snowing here in October, we had snow stay on the ground from mid November. It likely wont be gone until April. This is year two of the coldest, longest winter I have seen in umpteen years. Definitely global warming... if you people don't stop burning fossil fuels and blowing massive amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere, I am going to freeze to death up here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts