Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the few available pictures of the left side of the bike, the horn location looks very much like an afterthought. A bracket bolted on, the horn sorta sticking out in the air. I assume that is the horn. Can't it be relocated to underneath the steering head, or some other out-of-the-way (and less prone to damage) location.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Looking at the few available pictures of the left side of the bike, the horn location looks very much like an afterthought. A bracket bolted on, the horn sorta sticking out in the air. I assume that is the horn. Can't it be relocated to underneath the steering head, or some other out-of-the-way (and less prone to damage) location.
To me it just looks weird having it sit on the left side liek that. When I receive mine I will be relocting it to the top of the radiator. Shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well I would hope HARLEY ENGINEERING would fix it. Perhaps there is some reason (which I cannot fathom) that it has to be there, instead of underneath the steering head or somewhere else out-of-the-way. Seems like a big oversight for such a major project.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Well I would hope HARLEY ENGINEERING would fix it. Perhaps there is some reason (which I cannot fathom) that it has to be there, instead of underneath the steering head or somewhere else out-of-the-way. Seems like a big oversight for such a major project.
I wouldn;t mind if they took care of it before releasing out to the public but I have a feeling they might just leave the horn in that location and if anything relocating has to be done it will be in our hands to do so.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't even think that I see the horn in the picture posted above. Does it really look that bad? I doubt that Harley Davidson will change the location of the horn before the Street 500/750 comes out. Seems like an easy aftermarket fix though. I would be focusing on other areas of the bike before that though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am confused. There look to be two horns.

One out in the wind and the other in HD's traditional location, left side of the motor between the cylinders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts