Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Compared to the Street you mean? If so no I would not say that - they are different bikes for different purposes if you are comparing them to each other.

You would likely need to compare the Rod to a 750 from another brand - in which case it would likely lose out in most area's as the bikes that you would be comparing it to are built for speed and will most certainly have nore equipment. The majority of people though don't buy for those reasons as they have grown up a bit. ;)

Hard to compare a HD to anything else really as they are built for a different purpose to most bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Botty, compared to the Street 750. So the comparing is between the Street 750 and the Street Rod 750. Yes, Between the two HD 750s.
I know the Rod has 12:1 compression, there’s a tiny heat shield on the muffler and the shocks look different.

·
Registered
496 Posts
My take between the two is the Street is more of a basic version of the Street Rod. Having said that i do like the better handling and better stopping of the Street Rod as an overall difference.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just depends what you want from a bike I guess. I rode both as well as the 883 when I was looking to buy and chose the Street as opossed to the Rod or 883 as I liked the feel of the bike on the road. Am more into the relaxed cruising side of motorcycles these days as opossed to being first away from the lights. Having said that my CBR600R still lies at the back of the shed for when I feel like being a twonk ;)

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
The Street Rod is the "high performance" or sportier version of the original Street 750. It's got the performance version of the engine, but the different gearing and rear wheel size pretty much negate that. It also has a more cramped rider triangle which really doesn't work for anybody over 5'10" in height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts