Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I had an empty tank and the signal was on so I went to go fuel up.
When I filled her up and began driving I noticed the throttle was a little different. It just didn't feel the same? P.S It was above 50 degrees F

Is this lag & leap? Should I get my fuel pump checked out? o_O
It wasn't lagging or leaping but the throttle was slightly desensitized for the first 3-5 minutes of riding around after
filling her up. Then it was all fine and she was sensitive again.. normal behavior/response
I presume this is just the computer calculating the fuel levels the same way it does when I warm up her up in cold weather?

Please advise..

·
Registered
9 Posts
No,The Lag and Leap problem will be somthing similar to a feeling when you pop your clutch and will most likely happen at low fuel levels.

·
Registered
491 Posts
So the other day I had an empty tank and the signal was on so I went to go fuel up.
When I filled her up and began driving I noticed the throttle was a little different. It just didn't feel the same? P.S It was above 50 degrees F

Is this lag & leap? Should I get my fuel pump checked out? o_O
It wasn't lagging or leaping but the throttle was slightly desensitized for the first 3-5 minutes of riding around after
filling her up. Then it was all fine and she was sensitive again.. normal behavior/response
I presume this is just the computer calculating the fuel levels the same way it does when I warm up her up in cold weather?

Please advise..
Unless its 60 or above, anytime when I start my 2015 750 in cool to colder temps including temps below 40 degrees F, I let it idle a bit longer to warm it up before taking off including after I fill up at the station.

·
Registered
41 Posts
These bikes do not like running cold. I was told when I bought mine that you need to let them warm up a minimum of 60 seconds when cold before starting out. Ideally you should always make sure any engine is warmed up adequately before taking off, you'll put far less stress on your vehicle.

·
Registered
367 Posts
^ This. But that does not come in to play here as he rode to the gas station so it should have already warmed up the motor. If there was a difference you need to replicate it then take it in to the dealer with it ready to replicate the problem.

The past few mornings it has been mid to high 20s. I let it idle for 60-90 seconds then go to work as normal. I've had zero issues aside from numb fingers when I get to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts