Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can there be a sub forum where there are further sub forums for people to post links of items for sale that they find online.

For example

Mirrors
Lights & Indicators
Exhausts & Exhaust Systems
Handle Bars, Grips & Leavers
Footrests, Pedals & Pegs

In each of these people just post links to items that they find that they think may be of benefit to other members?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Another forum I frequent for other subject matter has a "Buy/Sell/Trade" sub forum. For users wanting to, well, buy/sell/trade parts they have on hand. Examples would be the stock muffler they took off or that fancy seat that seemed like a good idea at the time but didn't work out. That same forum also has a separate Vendors sub forum for members who are in the trade. I think they pay a little extra, but can then advertise their products, web sites or B&M stores within the Vendors sub form. They frequently offer discounts for members.

I suspect that having members post simple links to products in a sub forum is quickly going to wind up with a bunch of dead links and no small amount of spamming.

·
Administrator
156 Posts
I'd have to agree about the spam. Allowing links to external commercial sites would invite spam to the site.

Plus, the site has Sponsors who pay to have their name and links on the site. Doing so would take away their incentive to support the site

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts