Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to start our second year of the monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Ending mileage will be due no later than midnight of the last day on month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year if you join our Annual Mileage Challenge:

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated spreadsheet with the beginning mileage, anyone else want to join.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
@Propnut , you getting to ride any? I'm unable to ride for the next 14 days due to medical reasons. Sucks that I can't ride. Hopefully weather is good and you are getting some miles in.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Here the weather is BLOODY hot and humid, not ideal riding conditions for city riding. With the COVID 2nd wave in full swing here all I have done is hop on the bike for quick runs to the shops, 3km there, 3km back, to get essentials. There is a curfew here as well so a night ride in the cool is also not recommended. Local domestic airlines and inter-city busses have all had to amend flight/bus schedules to cater for the curfew times. Then the cream in the pudding is the total ban on alcohol and tobacco sales.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a bummer. Hopefully the heat will break. Covid-19 has things messed up here too. But alcohol sales are stronger than ever.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
552 Posts
Covid-19 may actually help me get back to riding earlier this year than normal. January through March I typically have days come along that have a warm enough high temperature to ride. In the past I had to be in the office before temperatures rose above my personal minimum riding temperature. Now if a warm day comes along I can work from home until temperatures warm up and get home before things cool off too much. In a pinch I can even work from home a bit after getting back home.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Propnut, how's your mileage doing. I'm having a rough month, just a tad over 200 miles. Hope yours is better.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not good here, just too hot and humid. It is uncomfortable to wear a jacket it is so humid. Ideal riding gear will be T-shirt and shorts with flip-flops, but then the safety aspect goes out the window.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the Houston heat I actually find it cooler wearing a mesh jacket that keeps the sun off my arms, at least while moving. In the summer with 100 degree days and 90% plus humidity nothing helps sitting in traffic.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't forget mileage is due Sunday night, January 31st, before midnight. I've got a busy weekend so might be Monday till spreadsheet is updated. Ride often and safe.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's my ending mileage. Light month for me, 10 days I couldn't ride and no trips.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
January 2021 Mileage Challenge Winner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts