Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Bandera, Texas
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
January starts a New Year!! So who wants to ride and share your miles with others? It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Ending mileage will be due no later than midnight of the last day on month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. If you participatd in the previous months challenge your ending reading in that one will your beginning reading for this month.

Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Screenshot

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got a nice ride in yesterday on my day off. Started out a little cool and about 2 hours in I got down right cold. Warmed up in the afternoon nicely. I forgot to pause the Relive app, only road for 8 hours, rest of time was at property.

Here's some raw video of my ride yesterday. Didn't edit much and it's long, 25 minutes. I was thinking some folks can't ride due to weather right now and might want to see a little more of the Texas hill country looks like. The higher terrain is about 30 miles west of my place. The video is me going around the lake from the east, then heading north, then west to then south to my place. Hopefully it's not too boring.

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good observations. Where I’m at now, Houston, we actually get a lot of rain due to being on Gulf Coast. Bandera, where I’m moving, is 200 inland, with higher elevation and on the edge of very dry West Texas area. Not much rain fall plus ground soaks it up pretty quickly. As far as being “in the sticks”, that’s the plan. I’m moving from Houston with over 7 million people to an area that the closest town has 953 people. This will be my front window view.

Sky Water Plant community Plant Natural landscape

While not the best view, I’ll definitely enjoy my coffee looking over the valley. That’s actually a lake that’s extremely low right now due to lack of rain. I’ve got 132 days before I retire. You understand we drive on the “right” side of the road and you are on the wrong side. ;)
I really enjoy watching riding videos from around the world and seeing the differences.

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For comparison of the concrete jungle I’m moving from here’s a video. I recently sold my house, to finance retirement home, and moved into apartment. First time wife and I have been in an apartment since 1986. Anyway, here’s my current commute. See why I’m so excited about moving to the “sticks”?

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, the early bird catches the worm. I too have had my share of going to work in the hours of darkness. i see you park in the yellow zone between the red pylons. Does your bike stay there till you pick it up to go home? You also have a good amount of freeway work which helps the commute.
Love you views. I have to be at work at 5am, so commute in is always in the dark. There's actually three of us that ride and have our own little parking spot. The bikes are protected from getting messed with but do sit in sun all day. Also in Houston, there's always construction, it's a mess.

Wheel Tire Building Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reminder, January ending mileage due tomorrow night by 11:59pm. Hopefully weather is nice enough that a few of you get out today. It's been a wet month for me but might get an extra ride in this afternoon.

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to post my ending mileaga tad early , family stuff today and rain tomorrow.

Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge Car

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I'll not do a challenge next month, maybe we can get others to join in the spring, or fall depending on where you live.

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Absolutely not. Congrats on a great month. Y`all game to continue next month? FYI, I haven't ridden once this month.

Trophy Font Art Metal Fashion accessory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.