Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

JMHD evolution ...

14K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  sydneysidesteve 
#1 · (Edited)
JMHD XG750 evolution ...

Serial :D:D:D:

1st modifications before leaving the dealership:

- Fiberglass rear fender simil VRod HD Capital Madrid Battle of Kings with led micro bullet style turn signals rear

- Led bullet style turn signals front

See less See more
#2 ·
2nd modification:

- Screaming Eagle super tuner street performance

- Screaming Eagle high performance air intake

- Exhaust header wrap

- Turnout exhaust

Reactions: younglungs
#4 ·
4th modification

- Tank lift

- Reroute the crappy wiring and hoses

- Led mini bullet style turn signals front

- Shocks Sportster 11'5

- Hide horn

- Disc brake support in place of the support of the horn

- Led micro ligth license plate

- License plate reduction

Reactions: younglungs
#7 ·
Love your bike modifications and thank you for sharing! :)

4th modification

- Reroute the crappy wiring and hoses
Did your HD dealer do your modifications for you? Or did you do them yourself?

Could you post a better pic of the rerouting of the wiring? I'm a newbie and I will most likely have to do this myself.

Are your LED front and rear turn signals HD or after market?
Same question for the Fender? Is the fender for a v-rod?

If not where did you get the parts?

#12 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Modifications of this last year ��

- Led mini bullet style turn signals rear

- Exhaust Jazen (made in Spain)

- Rear shocks Progressive 412 (11" Black)

- Screamin' Eagle Buckshot Exhaust Shield

- Custom made steel perforated radiator grill

- Front wheel Sportster Iron 100/90/19

- Sportster fron fender

- Custom made solo seat

#19 ·
they did it in the workshop but it was easy to place a higher support, the iron wheel did not have to change anything remove one and place another

#26 ·
hi beautiful stance now lov the mods
I have my girlfriends street 500 I'm wanting to do the sportster front wheel conversion
got a lead on a early 90 front wheel
anyone know the odds of this bolting rite up?
or I m going to have to take it apart an bring it with me before purchase
any help would be greatly appreciated
tony

#27 ·
#32 ·
Hi @JMHD, in post #22 back on April 18, 2019. the bike seems to have a footrest in front of the brake pedal. I assume that there is one on the other side too, but how are they attached to the bike? Also, the more recent images show forward controls, but what is the bottle above the gear shifter next to the radiator, on the left side of the bike? Cheers, Steve.

#34 ·
Hi @JMHD, in post #22 back on April 18, 2019. the bike seems to have a footrest in front of the brake pedal. I assume that there is one on the other side too, but how are they attached to the bike?
There are several accessories that mount to the lower front engine mount bolts. Engine guards and forward controls typically use that as a mounting point. There is at least one manufacturer in India that mounts what he calls "crash rods" there. They are basically stubby little posts that come out on each side and have rubber on them to serve as foot pegs.

Reactions: sydneysidesteve
#37 ·
The crash rods I have are from second hand ones from DDH Studio in India. @chadwilliam1 got them for his Street Rod and shows them off in the thread Best Engine Guard Kit? | Harley Davidson Street Forums (hdstreetforums.com)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Le crash rod che ho sono di seconda mano di DDH Studio in India. @chadwilliam1 li ha presi per la sua Street Rod e li mostra nel thread Best Engine Guard Kit? | Forum di Harley Davidson Street (hdstreetforums.com)

#39 ·
The crash rods I have are from second hand ones from DDH Studio in India. @chadwilliam1 got them for his Street Rod and shows them off in the thread Best Engine Guard Kit? | Harley Davidson Street Forums (hdstreetforums.com)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Le crash rod che ho sono di seconda mano di DDH Studio in India. @chadwilliam1 li ha presi per la sua Street Rod e li mostra nel thread Best Engine Guard Kit? | Forum di Harley Davidson Street (hdstreetforums.com)
Thanks @PugslyCat I have bookmarked their site, last time I was putting in some miles on the expressway I felt I could use something like this. They look quite wide for lane splitting which is legal here in Australia though so maybe something to put on for the long haul ride and leave off for the daily commute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.