- HD tank badges
- Right hand HD bar and shield logo
- Dark Custom left side medallion
- Wheels (machined rim highlights)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I really like what you've done to personalize your motorcycle but admit I've never found a reason for engine guards except to hang highway pegs on. What are they "guarding" has always been my question.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine Guard

I really like what you've done to personalize your motorcycle but admit I've never found a reason for engine guards except to hang highway pegs on. What are they "guarding" has always been my question.
My intent for the engine guard is to minimize damage in case of an accidental drop. I am new to the motorcycle world and thought that a drop might be a possibility. I hope to never test it out...just like my life insurance.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The changes that you have made to the bike look great. You did a really good job. I have to admit that I too have never really understood engine guards, but whatever. I think that the red enamel marker accents are a really nice subtle touch to the bike.

·
Registered
548 Posts
good show, really like what you've done here. My only suggestion would be to figure out how to clean up the rear of the bike. The tail fender is just so ghastly, ditch it ASAP ;):D

in regards to dropping, you can also invest in frame sliders which help protect in the same way, just without the big announcement of engine guards IMO..

·
Registered
80 Posts
good show, really like what you've done here. My only suggestion would be to figure out how to clean up the rear of the bike. The tail fender is just so ghastly, ditch it ASAP ;):D

in regards to dropping, you can also invest in frame sliders which help protect in the same way, just without the big announcement of engine guards IMO..
Don't ditch the tail fender - it's a fall back to the 1970 Sportster H with boat tail option. Other big twin AMF's offered the same option. Even Bronson rode a boat tail H for a couple episodes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Possibilities

Looks great! Great job. Are you planning any other changes or do you like her just the way she is now?
My HD silencer pegs are on order. I am also considering a windshield, but I am not sold on the idea. I like the look of the speed screen and don't want to remove it. I am waiting for some aftermarket grips that interest me to come out. I also am curious how a dual exhaust would look on the Street.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Don't ditch the tail fender - it's a fall back to the 1970 Sportster H with boat tail option. Other big twin AMF's offered the same option. Even Bronson rode a boat tail H for a couple episodes.
As true as that is, i would want to get rid of it, i just like a cleaner looking bike and seeing these from the rear... the fender just has to go.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
As true as that is, i would want to get rid of it, i just like a cleaner looking bike and seeing these from the rear... the fender just has to go.

This really goes back to the days when the traditional bobbers were transitioning into both choppers and cafe racers in the late 1960's and early 1970's. The rear of the Street is in the cafe racer style that was a transition from the "bobbed" fenders that predated it. I'm very old school more into the earlier bobbers that had the round bobbed rear fenders that continued on with the choppers. It's just a question of a diverging style in motorcycle development where the bobbed fenders are more old school styling that predated the boat-tail looking cafe racers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts