Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hope everyone is well. Just stop by to share two things with you.

1. Went out to my garage on Friday and my bike would not start, even though I keep it on a battery tender. Come to find out, I had a power failure at my house and it blew the fuse on the tender (which is exactly what it is meant to do to protect the bike from your house), the only issue with this is I could not get to it because it was tuck close to the battery, so I had Harley Davidson to pick up my bike and take it in to change the fuse and while they were there, I had them to move the pigtail so that it is where I can get to the fuse if it ever happen again, but I am hoping that it does not happen again because I put my tender on a power surger to be double safe.

2. Drum Roll please....I won a seat from Mustang Seats for my bike, I am really exited about it because it has a driver rest pad on it. I was going to Daytona Bike week to pick it up until my bike would not start, so they are shipping it to me, I will post a picture when I get it and then you can see everything that I have done to my bike, he looks like a total different bike now, he is so sexy (smile)

MustangSeats is giving away 4 more seats doing the reminder 4 rallies, the person with the most likes on Facebook on the Thursday before the rally wins, you can only win once but if you don't win, your likes roll over to the next rally.

·
Registered
174 Posts

1. Went out to my garage on Friday and my bike would not start, even though I keep it on a battery tender. Come to find out, I had a power failure at my house and it blew the fuse on the tender (which is exactly what it is meant to do to protect the bike from your house), the only issue with this is I could not get to it because it was tuck close to the battery, so I had Harley Davidson to pick up my bike and take it in to change the fuse and while they were there, I had them to move the pigtail so that it is where I can get to the fuse if it ever happen again, but I am hoping that it does not happen again because I put my tender on a power surger to be double safe.

2. Drum Roll please....I won a seat from Mustang Seats for my bike, I am really exited about it because it has a driver rest pad on it. I was going to Daytona Bike week to pick it up until my bike would not start, so they are shipping it to me, I will post a picture when I get it and then you can see everything that I have done to my bike, he looks like a total different bike now, he is so sexy (smile)

MustangSeats is giving away 4 more seats doing the reminder 4 rallies, the person with the most likes on Facebook on the Thursday before the rally wins, you can only win once but if you don't win, your likes roll over to the next rally.
Interesting. I have a tender, but have never used it. As a matter of fact, I have never used a tender on any bike I have owned over the years. I remember you have a charging USB cable hooked to your tender cable, this does draw a very tiny amount of current, but I keep mine disconnected when not in use. I also have an alarm, as well as LED lights, but everything is switched so there is no current draw. I am surprised your battery was dead is what I'm trying to say. Also, are you in Florida? I am in the Tampa area. I have yet to see another Street 750 or 500 on the road or at a bikefest. I feel like a lone wolf lol. I have attached a pic of me prepped for a long Sunday ride yesterday, if you see me on the road, say hello!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I have a tender, but have never used it. As a matter of fact, I have never used a tender on any bike I have owned over the years. I remember you have a charging USB cable hooked to your tender cable, this does draw a very tiny amount of current, but I keep mine disconnected when not in use. I also have an alarm, as well as LED lights, but everything is switched so there is no current draw. I am surprised your battery was dead is what I'm trying to say. Also, are you in Florida? I am in the Tampa area. I have yet to see another Street 750 or 500 on the road or at a bikefest. I feel like a lone wolf lol. I have attached a pic of me prepped for a long Sunday ride yesterday, if you see me on the road, say hello!
Hi, I am not a mechanic so I could be explaining it in correctly, the blown fuze in the tender which is a protective measure was keeping my bike from starting.

I am not in Flordia, I am in Maryland but good to make your acquiantance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi, I am not a mechanic so I could be explaining it in correctly, the blown fuze in the tender which is a protective measure was keeping my bike from starting.

I am not in Flordia, I am in Maryland but good to make your acquiantance.
The fuse in the tender harness would only stop the charger from charging your battery, it would not prevent the bike from starting if it was blown. Maybe a different fuse?

·
Registered
233 Posts

Do share pics of Mustang seat with back rest. Really looking forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
What windscreen is that?
if you dont mind me asking..
thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did it mount with the hardware it came with or did you need to fabricate a few things? It's exactly what I've been looking for ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you have any pics of the wind screen from other angles? Looks like it is laid back pretty far and that there is not a whole lot of room for adjustment with the cowl in place.
No other photos right now, but there is room for adjustment. I feel I have it set perfectly. You do want to direct the air over your helmet. Too straight up would obviously put a bit more wind loading on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Might have to look into one. I'm pretty short so I don't think it would take much to get the air up and over.

I took my first crack at a few miles on the interstate a few days ago. It was less than pleasant. I figure a windshield might help a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Based on feedback here, and Obtuse's picture, I ordered mine last Saturday and received it TODAY! :D I'm going to try to get this baby installed tonight. I'll take and post some pictures too. I'm 6'1" tall so I'm sure the angle of mine is going to be a little higher to be functional for me.

May 6 update: Got it installed last night. Took me a little over an hour because I too, am pretty picky...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Based on feedback here, and Obtuse's picture, I ordered mine last Saturday and received it TODAY! :D I'm going to try to get this baby installed tonight. I'll take and post some pictures too. I'm 6'1" tall so I'm sure the angle of mine is going to be a little higher to be functional for me.

May 6 update: Got it installed last night. Took me a little over an hour because I too, am pretty picky...
Trying to get photos to upload - I hope I got it this time, and apologize if they're somehow double-posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks good. My only comment is that there is a gap where the windscreen meets the cowl. On my install, they are actually touching. Hope you don't get to much air through that gap.

Do re tighten everything after a couple of rides, as things will give and move a bit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
All factory windscreens have a gap. I think with vibration and such you wouldn't want to mount it without a gap to prevent scratching and such. I think come winter time I'll pick up one of the aftermarket universal screens to help make the rides a little less cold.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the HD windshield. You can't fit it completely snug. It is better than no windshield, but I still get cross winds. I'm in northeast FL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts