Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until recently I hadn't thrown a leg over a motorcycle in 25 years. Been busy since trying to drown myself on boats and flirting with bankruptcy on racing cars and karts. Last bike I owned was a 1973 Norton Commando (750)

I never was a fan of big heavy cruiser bikes so Harley was not a bike I was interested in or followed. Last summer a young co-worker (female) showed up to work on a new 2018 750 street and then about a month ago a riding buddy from my youth shows up in my driveway out of nowhere also riding a 2016 750 street that he has been touring the country on for the past 13,000 (trouble free) miles. I got to ride his 750 around the block a couple of times. I liked the responsive engine and smooth gearbox. Low center of gravity makes it feel lighter that it's almost 500# weight. My only complaint is the ergonomics feel cramped for my 6'2" height with 34" inseam.

Today I'm getting the bug to ride again and looking at HD's website I see the XG750 has an optional taller seat that would get me up and back an inch or two more. I will be hanging out here for awhile reading up on this bike and exploring possible fit solutions along with asking the occasional stupid question.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well I beat you by 10, but loose on the pony tail as well as 4 inches . . :)

I am sure at the end of the day you will choose the right bike for your needs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've had my xg750 for a couple of years and might, maybe, have seen two others in the wild but not close enough to be sure.

I'm 6' with a 30" inseam and also find the riding position cramped. The Tall Boy seat really helped. For the coming riding season I am installing highway pegs and this J&P Cycles Offset Footpeg Extension Kit: https://www.jpcycles.com/product/5300075/j-p-cycles-offset-footpeg-extension-kit?redirectedKeyword=5300075&totalResult=1

Between the two I should be able to relax a little bit.

I finally decided to add those parts because after the 15K service I'm lending the bike to my nephew, who is 6'2" and long legged. I just don't see him possibly being comfortable on the stock bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts