Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just bought my first Harley, I had a 2002 Honda Shadow 600. The foward controls were hurting my back. The Street 750's erect riding posture allows a more pain free riding experience. Hope you guys can help me get the correct accessories and keep me informed on any changes to the bike.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@ bpl,

Welcome aboard! There are a ton of good accessories but "correct" is a matter of opinion. I don't know if Harley has corrected the stock mirrors problem* (useless and dangerous) yet. If not, I suggest that you get extenders or the H-D LONG STEM Mirrors. I opted for the "LONG STEM" which resemble the stock ones but they work with no-hassle installation. They're only about $35.00 apiece. If you are interested the H-D stock numbers are:

91909-038 RIGHT
91910-038 LEFT

ENJOY THE RIDE, MY FRIEND!

*all you can see are your sholders

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the part numbers in my pocket and plan on a visit to the local HD shop this afternoon. I had a truck pulling a long trailer pass me this morning. I did not even know he was behind me. Scared the ** out of me.

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome to the family.
I too, am kinda new to Harley, but owned and rode bikes for 50 yrs.

1) as already mentioned, the short stock mirrors are unsafe!

2) also don't run the fuel too low, refuel between 80-100 miles.
other wise you will likely experience the lag and leap problem.

when the fuel gets low and while taking off from a stop or driving up an incline, the motor will abruptly stall then lunge, this will freak you out, especially the first time it happens! so keep your clutch hand ready when you get low on fuel, it may save you from a spill or worse!

the best way to avoid this problem is simply not allow the tank to run low on fuel, it can happen even though the low fuel light hasn't even shown itself, as was in my case.

there also appears to be a recall on the fuel pump and pickup tube located inside the fuel tank.

many of these bikes have this problem and Harley will replace it, but they have yet to redesign it, so they just put on a new fuel pump/pickup tube with the same defective design that the ones they have now have.

hopefully these will get redesigned soon, so when they do fail the newly redesigned replacement fuel pump/pickup tube might actually solve that problem.

that's my 2 cents for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello! Just bought my first Harley, I had a 2002 Honda Shadow 600. The foward controls were hurting my back. The Street 750's erect riding posture allows a more pain free riding experience. Hope you guys can help me get the correct accessories and keep me informed on any changes to the bike.
Congrats on purchasing your new bike., Even i bought a harley 750 a week back great bike i bought the steel grips (**** good unlike the stock ones) and the engine guard should be a must accessory

I am planning to put an aftermarket exhaust as the sound of the bike now sucks ., planning on vance and hines do have a look at them.,

Best Regards
Harsha R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts