Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, yeah just purchased my very first motorcycle a, Street 500, in my life yesterday at Harley Davidson in Pensacola, FL. Very cool place and personnel there. Yep, no experience what so ever with motorcycles but has been something I have always wanted to get into. Looking forward to learning and enjoying new adventures on the road on my Harley

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congratulations! Be careful out there and don't forget to wear a helmet. You found a forum here that is packed with useful and sometimes not so useful information.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are a number of smart folks around here who can give advice on anything you might encounter.

The Street series is a pretty good little bike for people starting out or returning to riding after some time off. I was in your shoes a year ago. I had taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course in 2014 and gotten my license, but no time in the saddle other than the MSF course until I bought the bike in 2017.

You might want to look into the MSF course if you haven't already done so. The H-D Rider Academy courses are taught on the xg500 with a bunch of extra guards added to it. An MSF class through ABATE or other groups may or may not have a bunch of different bikes to try. Others, like the community college I went to, have a dozen or so identical, small bikes. I believe that all of the MSF courses supply helmets, or you can wear your own helmet if it has DOT or Snell certification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts