Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, turned a little round today.
Next week I'll have vacation then I'll have more time to drive through the area ...

Greetings enRico

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
That looks like a nice little jaunt. I didn't ride much in the last month due to a sprained left ankle. Hope to remedy that soon. The riding that is. The ankle is already much better.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
447 Posts
Nice, I lived in Geissen for a few years when I was a teenager. Great memories. You both might beat me this month, tons of rain and getting ready for retirement.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@PugslyCat, I know that.
I had a shoulder operation and couldn't drive for months, and my fingers kept itching.
I was very happy where I was able to drive again for the first time.

@Lesblank, what do you mean Geissen?
which bigger city is nearby?
I asked google and he doesn't know this place.?
Well, I don't have that much time to drive either, the weather says nothing good for next week (a lot of rain) and from July 25th. I am back with my parents (dad is 70) and there I am without a motorcycle or a car.

Grüße enRico

·
Administrator
447 Posts
Fat finger got me. :) Giessen, or really Gießen would actually be correct.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already thought that you mean Gießen.
According to google there was once a US base which is now closed.
From me it is 236km (147ml) and then I am on the road for 2.5 hours by car, with the motorcycle it will take longer because I am not so fast on the road.
I often go to Stuttgart there is also a US base, but you can't get any further to the fence.
I once had one from the US Army in my taxi and had to take it to the base, and even then I couldn't get to the site without an ID you can't figure it out unless you are friends with one of the base, then everything goes much easier...
Grüße enRico

·
Administrator
447 Posts
My father was stationed there for three years (1965 to 1968) in my teens. I have fond memories of that area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts